Gymnastics Instructor - Preston
Gymnastics Instructor | South Ribble Tennis Centre
Location: Cuerden Way, Preston, PR5 6BJ
Working Hours: Casual, as and when required between Monday to Friday (4pm - 7pm) and Saturday mornings
Salary: £11.19 to £12.85 per hour
An excellent opportunity is available to join this established and fun team on our South Ribble Contract (covering South Ribble Tennis centre, Leyland and Penwortham) to work as and when required between Monday to Friday (4pm - 7pm) and Saturday mornings.
South Ribble Tennis & Fitness Centre offers a great range of facilities and activities from gym membership to a game of tennis, to children’s holiday activities.
Our committed staff are passionate about supporting our customers to achieve their fitness and lifestyle goals.
The purpose of the role
The gymnastics instructor will take responsibility for the safety and skill advancement of pupils in their care.
As a gymnastics instructor, your duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- To instruct individuals or groups in the art of gymnastics or other associated activities.
- Provide schemes of work and lesson plans relevant to the instruction being undertaken.
- Ensure the safe use and storage of any equipment required during instruction.
- Record information relevant to each lesson’s content and any other associated information.
- Complete a pupil’s report for each pupil taught prior to the end of each course.
- Attend parent/teacher meetings at the completion of each term as required.
- Provide instruction in line with the criteria required by Serco’s Gymnastics Scheme.
- Attend badge assessment sessions as required.
- Promote and support the Gymnastics Scheme.
- Undertake any task, within any department or area that you are directed to perform which is relevant to the Company’s task and is within your competence and ability.
- Provide assistance to the Co-ordinator, when needed, and to provide effective dry side service.
- Report all incidents/accidents/complaints to the Duty Manager immediately.
- Be flexible with rotas with regards to sickness and holidays.
- Be flexible regarding gymnastics lessons, to provide good teaching practice.
What are we looking for:
We are looking to hear from people who have high personal integrity and motivation and can demonstrate a level of fitness to facilitate a safe operation of duties.
Essential - Level 1 Gymnastics qualification
Desirable - Level 2 Gymnastics Qualification
What we offer:
- Free membership for yourself and a family member
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- A fun, safe and professional environment
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply at the nearest convenience for your CV to be considered.
Serco/Serco Leisure Operating Limited are appointed as the Trust’s Managing Agents. We manage the recruitment process and the Trust’s employees in the delivery of the service on their behalf. On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. The Trust is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward. Applicants should be aware that in line with the company’s policy, employees will have a DBS check where appropriate.