Junior Sous chef
We are an award winning restaurant serving the best tasting and beautifully presented pancakes. Opening hours 7 days a week, 3 evenings only, no late nights. Weekend availability is a must. Possibility to work daytime only/4 days a week.
Scope of role
The main purpose of the Sous Chef is to be the right hand to the Head Chef in all aspect of the kitchen.
- Work across all sections of the small kitchen: prepping, baking, plating
- Be the lead person when the Head Chef is not working
- Making sure every plate that leaves the kitchen is always 100% perfect
- Ensure the kitchen is well organised, clean and efficient
- Comply with H&S requirement and systems
- Passionate about good simple food, cooked to perfection.
- Experience across various roles in a busy kitchen
- Can prioritise demands and manage workload efficiently
- Methodical and organised
- Effective communication skills
- Good English
- Friendly and collaborative attitude
- Positive attitude to working and learning
- Efficient and hardworking
- Keeps cool under pressure
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task
- Operationally rigorous and has high standards