We're seeking a Reservations Consultant to join the Strand Palace team. This opportunity comes at an exciting time for the hotel. Your input will have a direct impact the business as we are undergoing a multi-million-pound investment in readiness for the 2020s.
Strand Palace has welcomed guests since 1905. Our journey has been very special and there is no stopping us. All 785 guestrooms are being refurbished and they feature a modern art deco style, providing a fresh and utilitarian aesthetic.
Work has just been completed in the hotel's public areas including a new restaurant and bar Haxells, in a modern and contemporary style. The hotel attracts a wide demographic, across all ages, for both leisure and business travel, from a variety of domestic and international markets.
The team at the Strand Palace is also very diverse. From new comers making their way to the industry to some of the most experienced professionals in London. We described ourselves as confident, create, knowledgeable, agile and personable. If these traits resonate with your own personality, then Strand Palace is for you.
The ideal candidate
- Fluent in written & a good command of the English language
- Other language skills are preferred but not essential
- Proficient knowledge and use of Opera will be a plus
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Exceptional customer care skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Pride and attention to detail in your work
- Distinctive, professional and warm personality
- Process all telephone enquiries for Reservations in an efficient, courteous and professional manner
- Process all assigned incoming correspondences, faxes, emails and reservations messages in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide a warm and professional welcome to all guests and visitors to the hotel, delivering excellent customer service and providing all the relevant information they need for their stay
- Deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner on email and over the telephone
- Ensure all reservations are accepted, recorded and confirmed accurately in accordance with Hotel standard
- Be aware of VIPs, Corporate & regular guest arrivals to ensure requirements are anticipated and met
- Update availability on the hotels global distribution (GDS) when required
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with booking agents, corporate accounts and the other Hotels within the area
You will receive a competitive salary, together with one the best employee benefits in hospitality in London:
- amazing Employee of the month scheme paying £372 after tax (a not to our infamous address) and opportunity to win a great holiday at the end of the year
- the company sponsored Healthcare Cash plan – Healthshields
- £10 voucher for each positive guest comment receive
- hotel discounts in rooms and bars and restaurants
- meals on duty
- free dry cleaning
- career opportunities
- annual season ticket loan
- incremental holiday entitlement
- cycle to work scheme
- opportunity to join in social activities
- 5% pension scheme contribution
- and a commitment to your ongoing development.