Junior Manager - Bracknell - OTE £34K
Junior Managers are responsible for operating the Company’s store in accordance with the Company’s brand standards. They are responsible whilst on duty for the staff within their shop and are responsible for supporting the Store Manager in achieving core KPI’s for profit and loss of the business by following strict control measures such as portion control, cash control, stock control, managing the wage bill, as well as understanding financial reports that will allow for the successful financial management of the store. To carry out health, safety, welfare, hygiene and quality aspects of their duties in accordance with laid down procedures.
- Quality. To ensure that all products are produced according to the laid down procedures as detailed in the operation manual.
- To maintain staff levels as appropriate to the business level to ensure that customers are served promptly and as per the procedures detailed in the operations manual.
- To assist in managing our in house computer Hub system to control stock usage and monitor KPI’s.
- To follow and maintain our systems to train new staff in the performance of their roles within our Company.
- To assist in establishing and maintaining training records for all staff.
- To maintain such systems and controls as may be required by environmental health regulations.
- Be available to deal with any staff welfare issues and if necessary, handle disciplinary or capability issues.
- Management are also responsible for Banking cash on a daily basis at the Company’s chosen Bank. To also include responsibility for ordering and collecting coin change from the bank when required.
- You will be responsible for insuring Company security procedures around cash handling, banking, collecting change and general cash security are followed at all times.
- To prepare and cook all menu items in line with demand and to a high standard using a variety of equipment and tools in a busy kitchen environment. An ability to understand and act upon Churchill’s methods of production and quality control is essential. To be familiar with the preparation and cooking methods of all menu items as described in the operations manual and to comply with its requirements in all its aspects. Moving various stock items (some heavy) from main stock areas to kitchen storage will be required on a very regular basis each shift and you will experience long periods of standing.
- To ensure an excellent level of cleanliness throughout the business by acting upon and maintaining a written cleaning schedule.
- Ensure COSHH regulations are up to date and that at all times Health & Safety procedures are followed.
- Always be available to deal with any concerns that customers may have and seek a solution to every issue that goes beyond what might ordinarily be expected.
- Promote a positive attitude towards work and always lead by example.
- Seek original and innovative ways to promote our themes of ‘continuous improvement’ and ‘excellence’.
- Communicate with your Operations Management team over any disciplinary incidents that may need to be dealt with in the store and follow employment law recommendations. You should always come across as a motivated, positive and inspirational leader who staff respect.
- Work closely with you Manager and Operations Manager to maximize the turnover and profitability of the business in an ethical and rewarding manner.
Skills and attributes:
- Personable and good communicator
- A good people manager and leader
- Good food handling skills and product knowledge
- Strong customer service appreciation
- Good financial awareness and knowledge of cash handling procedures
- Good time management skills, able to cope with the peaks and troughs of a daily work flow
- Able to work calmly at busy shop times which creates a pressurised environment
- Capable of carrying out a physically demanding job
- Willingness to work unsocial hours, over a seven day a week pattern.
- Level 2: Food Safety & Hygiene
- Key Stage 1: Bespoke in-house training
- A good level of physical stamina and fitness, as the job involves a lot of standing, long working hours and being able to do a range of manual handling tasks on an hourly basis
- Fire extinguisher Training
- First Aid training
- Upskills online learning platform, modules 1 -5.
£24,870.12 to £28,278.72 per year