Lifeguard - King's Lynn
6 days left
- Job Type
- Part Time
Lifeguard - Norfolk Woods Resort and Spa - Pentney, King's Lynn
A Lifeguard position has become available within the Leisure team at Norfolk Woods Resort and Spa. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join our friendly team!
While staying with us, guests have access to the leisure pool and a range of our ‘Go Active’ activities. The successful candidate will work with the Leisure Manager to ensure the safe and effective operation of the leisure and pool complex, in line with the company’s high standards.
You will also ensure the clean presentation of the leisure areas at all times. This will include the pool, activities and changing areas.
A key skill is spotting and reacting to any issues immediately. Alongside this, you will be comfortable working with all ages, and providing support and assistance to guests.
The successful candidate will be required to provide an enhanced disclosure check, the cost of which will be met by Darwin.
A current NPLQ is essential to the role
This is a seasonal position to work variable hours, but will include working weekdays and some weekends and bank holidays.
This role is ideal for candidates searching for Lifeguard and Leisure positions within a commutable distance of Norfolk.
- Strict observation of swimmers and spectators within the leisure areas.
- Frequent checking of all areas, and action as necessary to maintain hygiene, cleanliness and safety.
- Check plant and carry out pool water tests where required.
- Check and record all guest passes to ensure validity.
- Advise guests on current activity programmes within the resort.
- Record any accidents immediately and in line with company procedure, administering first aid as required.
What experience you will need
- Previous leisure experience is an advantage.
- Current lifeguard qualification is essential.
What skills you will need
- Current Lifeguard, NPLQ qualification is essential to the role.
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous to enable you to get to the park.
- Good level of communication skills.
- Positive attitude to work with willingness to learn.
- Current Pool Plant qualification is an advantage.
- Current First Aid certificate is preferred.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
*Subject to terms and conditions