Sous Chef - Thame
Sous Chef, The Oxfordshire Golf Hotel & Spa – Thame, Oxfordshire
Salary : Competitive Salary
Staff benefits include:
- A staff pension
- Discounts on spa treatments and retail products
- Discounted rates on accommodation for staff and their friends and family at any of the Leaderboard Group hotels
- Free gym membership
- Free golf
- A discounted voucher scheme for the UK's most popular retailers and service providers
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free Uniform
- Free parking
The list not exhaustive. Staff benefits are subject to review and may change from time to time.
We're looking for a talented, highly motivated full time Sous Chef to join our busy kitchen and work alongside and support the Head Chef to deliver the highest standards of food production and customer satisfaction using fresh, locally sourced ingredients. This role will contribute to the achievement of Gross Profit targets, maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen environment, train/develop colleagues and provide effective internal service.
The Oxfordshire is situated in the heart of the Chilterns, and comprises a 50 bedroom 4 Star Hotel, with Sakura Restaurant, Spike and Lounge bar's, 7 busy function rooms, along with Heath club, Spa treatment rooms, as well as a championship Golf Course of outstanding quality.
Sous Chef Key Accountabilities:
- Deputise for the Head Chef in their absence and deliver high quality food standards. Your actions will also contribute to profitability, staff development and retention. The ability to demonstrate effective and co-operative team working with colleagues at all levels is also a prime requirement of the role.
- To produce in conjunction with other chefs, menu plans, descriptions, costing, photographing and breakdown of all dishes available and to contribute to the production of quality daily and seasonal changes of menus.
- To assist with as necessary the purchasing of all kitchen items and food control in line with agreed budgets.
- To help develop staff in achieving consistently high standards of food production and cleanliness in the workplace and to encourage a continual improvement process.
- Assist the Head Chef in ensuring that all Health and Safety policy requirements affecting the department (and all fire regulation and procedures) are in place and all kitchen staff have received the correct training.
- Assist in the carrying out of a stock take of food items to ensure an adequate supply at all times and to inspect the quality of this to ensure statutory compliance.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience of running a busy kitchen and brigade in the absence of the Head Chef
- Experience of 1 rosette restaurant is desirable
- Knowledge of training and motivating a team
- Excellent culinary and communication skills
- Level 2 Food Hygiene
The Sous Chef will work on a rota basis 5 days out of 7, typically straight shifts. You will be reporting to the Head Chef. The salary offered for this role is negotiable, depending on experience.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK, and be able to attend a trial.
Due to the high volume of candidates, it may not be possible to respond to each application individually, therefore if you have not been contacted within 3 weeks of your application, unfortunately you will not have been successful on this occasion.