1 day left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Location: National Water Sports Centre Job type: Permanent Salary: £16,649.43 National Water Sports Centre have an exciting opportunity for a Waterman Assistant to join their team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be working on the preparation, repair and maintenance of the water facilities and equipment plus controlling and directing the use of water-based activities and associated facilities as part of a team. As a waterman assistant, you will be accountable for different areas such as contributing to the management of health and safety within the workshop and preparation of the water facilities for activities and events. On a day to day basis, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Carry out such water borne work as required in the movement, location, security and anchorage of boats, buoys and cables, which an occasion will entail wading chest deep into water
- Carry out repair and maintenance of boats, pontoons, staging jetties and trailers including painting and varnishing
- Carry out the repair and maintenance of all centre outboard motors
- Carry out between servicing the maintenance of the centre’s pool of vessels as necessary
- To undertake the maintenance and essential repairs and adjustments to the water ski cableway, using a scaffold tower and other appropriate equipment
- Record all petrol and oil sales for recharge to centre users and centre vehicles
- Maintain fleet and ensure water worthiness
- Carry out cleaning duties in respect to the boathouse and associated facilities
It is essential that any potential applicants hold a driving licence. Furthermore, we are looking to hear from people who are a confident open water swimmer, those who can work well with colleagues but also to their own initiative and someone who looks and strives for self-improvement.
This is a position that is looking to get filled quickly. If the above sounds like you, please apply at the nearest convenience.
Serco/Serco Leisure Operating Limited are appointed as the Trust’s Managing Agents. We manage the recruitment process and the Trust’s employees in the delivery of the service on their behalf. On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. The Trust is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward. Applicants should be aware that in line with the company’s policy, employees will have a DBS check where appropriate.