Infrastructure Engineer - London
Infrastructure Engineer - Tottenham Court Road, London
Powerleague is the original and premier provider of 5 a side football in the UK. It all started in 1987 and we are now the world’s largest provider with 35+ clubs across Europe.
At Powerleague our goal is to bring our local communities together, sharing the good times, and being proud of where we’re from! Our club teams are an essential part of our players experience, we are an energetic, motivated workforce and have a passion to serve! We pride ourselves on listening to our customers and taking action!
Infrastructure Engineer - Your Purpose
Powerleague Group are looking for a Infrastructure Engineer to be responsible for the support of all technology infrastructure and solutions across our 39 sites and support office within the Powerleague and Powerplay businesses. The role will be based in our Tottenham Court Road Office in Central London.
Reporting to the Head of IT, you will also provide 1st/2nd/3rd line (helpdesk) technical support to internal employees, assisting them with hardware and software problems via phone, email or onsite.
Infrastructure Engineer - Your Accountabilities
- To support, operation & control of all equipment within the IT network/desktop infrastructure
- This role is an integral part of the IT Support team, working with other technical colleagues to provide support as well as specialist technical input into projects
- The network engineer will provide second / third line support, installation, configuration and design services, and will work to improve the availability and quality of network services across the business.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting LAN, WAN, Wireless and VoIP systems.
- Carrying out agreed network configuration, server installation and maintenance
- Creating reports and proposals for continuous improvement and major incidents
- Working technical knowledge of network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- To provide technical support; answering support queries either onsite, via phone/email
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries
- Ownership of user problems and proactive when dealing with user issues
- Monitor and troubleshoot LAN, WAN, Wireless and VoIP systems
- Use network management tools to collect and report on network load and performance
- Create reports and proposals for continuous improvement and major incident
- Investigation and diagnosis of complex, cross team IT problems, working with users, other staff and suppliers as appropriate
- Implementing agreed network changes and maintenance routines
- Maintaining windows server 2008 – 2019
- Log all calls on the call logging system and maintain full documentation
- Respond to enquiries and help them resolve any hardware/software problems
- Maintain a log of any software or hardware problems detected
- Support in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training & advice.
- Develop documentation and quick reference guides to help resolve issues
- Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house
- To constantly work to improve the availability and quality of network services & server infrastructure across the business
Infrastructure Engineer - You!
- Well-rounded IT Support professional, with good experience around networking and server infrastructure environments
- Candidate must be happy to look after Desktop Support duties as well including looking after the ticketing system. Tickets may vary from 1st -3rd line issues
- Excellent telephone manner and face to face communication skills
- Flexible, able to work to multiple deadlines and to multitask
- Great attention to detail
- Highly motivated individual with the desire to make a difference Ability to trouble shoot, think laterally and question situations before escalating
- Intermediate knowledge of IT software/hardware
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience required in same or similar role • Relevant 1st/2nd line / Helpdesk support experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows desktop technologies (Windows 7/8/10).
- Experience using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 2010 – 2016
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook within a network environment
- Experience within a multi-site business
- Experience translating complex data & insights into actions & propositions
- Experience of new product development from proposition to implementation
- Personable and articulate, able to work to strict deadlines and KPI’s • Ability to engage with various stakeholders
- Team player – but also happy to work alone on driving new initiatives
Nice to have:
CCNA/CCNP Software development knowledge
This is an exciting role for a Infrastructure Engineer who is looking for a 360 role with a desire and drive to make a real difference! We notice and reward hard work and good results! APPLY TODAY!
Apply for Infrastructure Engineer - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly