Beauty Therapist - Preston
- Job Type
- Full Time
Beauty Therapist Full Time 40 hours per week - Preston
Posting Date Jul 22, 2019
Job Number 19100451
Job Category Spa
Location Preston Marriott Hotel, Garstang Road, Preston, Lancashire, United Kingdom
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Start Your Journey with Us An exciting opportunity to start your career journey with Marriott Hotel's. Come and join ourHealth and Beauty team at the four star Preston Marriott Hotels and develop your career while providing a professional and energetic service to our members and hotel guests.
The Preston Marriott Hotel is a grand Victorian manor house which sits in landscaped gardens and exudes charm and warmth from the moment you arrive. It situated just off the M6 motorway on the outskirts of the city and it easily accessible by car and it is also on a main public transport route
Preston Marriott is the perfect location for business and leisure and has a focus on culinary excellence with our Brew Bar and Cast Iron Bar and Grill. Marriott International is the worlds' largest hotel company and provides associates with extensive, ongoing training and development for long term career opportunities. Preston Marriott Hotel has fully equipped fitness centre and swimming pool .It also has a relaxing Beauty Salon with treatment rooms.
Perks You Deserve
- Team-spirited co-workers
- Encouraging management
- Wellbeing programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Encouraging management
- A competitive salary
- Gym membership
- Meals on duty
- Generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family
- Employee Assistance Scheme to help guide you through the challenging times in your life.
- Recommend a Friend
- Length of Service Recognition.
- Life Assurance Cover.
- Access to the fantastic Marriott UK Benefits Site where you can take advantage of great discounts including, travel, cycle to work, shopping discounts at over 60 major UK retailers and so much more.
Job Summary/Requirements Experience:
- Previous experience in a high calibre beauty salon (preferred)
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- High Standard of personal hygiene and appearance
- Articulate & Friendly
- Able to work as part of a small, motivated team
- Flexible in hours to cover business needs
- Must be Customer FocusedEducation or Certification
- Nationally recognized beauty therapy qualifications, to minimum NVQ level 3
The following arespecific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successfulperformance of the position:
- To administer treatments for clients in a professional, friendly manner
- To greet and converse with clients, to ensure that clients are at ease
- To ensure that administration of beauty treatments adequately fulfil needs of hotel and client
- To maximise opportunities for retail sales, to contribute to departmental profitability
- To initiate and participate in new treatment ranges to increase department profitability
- To maintain cleanliness of the salon at all times
- To be aware of and comply with all current initiatives
- Ensurefloats are counted and balanced at start and end of shift and they are secureat all times. Blind Banking
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.