Ice Cafe Supervisor - London
ICE CAFÉ SUPERVISOR
ABOUT ALEXANDRA PARK AND PALACE
Alexandra Palace hosts a variety of events from concerts and exhibitions to live sports and street food festivals. Our Ice Rink is open throughout the year and provides a stunning location for family ice skating, professional ice skating lessons, ice discos or those just wanting to skate for fun. We also host the Haringey Huskies over the autumn/winter hockey season attracting large crowds and the annual Christmas show.
In return for your hard work and commitment we offer:
- Generous annual leave allowance – 28 days + Bank holidays (pro rata for part time employees)
- Additional 4 privilege days usually set around Christmas and New Year
- Opportunity to enter a ballot for free event tickets
- 30% off drinks in the Phoenix Bar and Kitchen from 16:30 to 19:30 every Friday
- Summer and Winter social parties
- Development opportunities including face to face training and e-learning modules
- Discounts across our on-site catering units
The Ice Rink Café is open 7 days a week to serve those skating on the ice or just spectating. We cater for all ages and are looking for someone enthusiastic and personable who has a passion for food and beverage including keeping up with trends and innovation within the catering industry.
The ideal candidate will be hard working and forward thinking with the ability to motivate and train staff to serve customers quality food with great customer service. You will also have experience in a café or catering environment with strong barista skills.
This a full time position working a minimum of 37.5 hours per week (5 days from 7).
The ice café sits within Alexandra Palace's indoor Ice Rink and is open all year round.
The hourly rate is £10.47.
- Passionate & Fun
- Open and Genuine
Key duties and responsibilities
- Deliver excellent customer service by ensuring customers are served efficiently and made to feel welcome.
- Support the Catering management team in maintaining all aspects of the ice café operation in order to deliver efficient and consistent service.
- Prepare the ice café ready for opening at the start of the working day and close down the operation at the end of the day (depending on shift pattern) keeping to advertised opening times.
- Comply with all legislative and licensing requirements associated with Food Health and Safety and the sale of alcohol
- Liaise with the ice rink management team regarding birthday party bookings and support the delivering of party catering ensuring that events run smoothly.
- Support catering colleagues in other F&B units across the site by providing cover during busy periods depending on the needs of the business and event schedule.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with English and Maths
- Fluent in English language
- Experience of supervising or leading a team
- Experience of delivering face to face customer service
- Experience of resolving customer complaints and issues
- Experience handling and processing cash and card transactions preferably gained in a retail environment
- Good written English with the ability to keep accurate records
- Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to brief others and give clear instructions
- Available to work a flexible shift pattern including weekends, evenings and some bank holidays
Apply for Ice Cafe Supervisor - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly