Grounds and Maintenance Manager - Bath
Grounds and Maintenance Manager - Bath Mill Lodge Retreat
A position has become available for a Grounds and Maintenance Manager to join the team at Bath Mill Lodge Retreat in Somerset.
This is an interesting an varied position, perfect for someone with similar previous experience looking to further their career in Grounds and Maintenance.
Day to day responsibilities will include completing staff rotas and training, updating equipment and maintenance schedules, completing maintenance job requests and ensuring routine grounds and maintenance work is carried out to a high standard.
Previous experience within a similar role is preferred as this is a full-on and demanding position. Some Health and Safety knowledge in Grounds and Maintenance is ideal however not essential.
This is a permanent position to work full time, variable hours. This will include weekends and bank holidays. This role will also include some on call hours.
The Grounds and Maintenance Manager role is ideal for anyone searching for Grounds positions within a commutable distance of Bath.
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the grounds and maintenance team
- Ensure the continued maintenance of all buildings, testing and repairs of hot tubs, lodges and services
- Ensure and provide maintenance support for all the park buildings and grounds.
- Maintain the highest standards with due regard to budgetary control
- Carry out grass cutting, strimming, edging, turfing to a five star standard.
- Actively promote the park and it’s facilities.
- Keep all park grounds, bins, public areas free of debris.
- Gardens to be weeded, sprayed, watered and properly slated and barked.
- Maintain and update all plant and equipment schedules.
- Ensure any maintenance jobs issued are dealt with promptly.
What experience you will need
- Previous experience preferred.
- Previous Grounds and Maintenance roles an advantage.
What skills you will need
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn.
- Driving licence is essential.
- Good organisational skills.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
*Subject to terms and conditions