Food and Beverage Assistant - Keswick
Seasonal Food and Beverage Assistant - Keswick Reach Lodge Retreat
If you enjoy working with people and like the idea of spending your working day in the stunning Lake District countryside, this is the position for you!
We are advertising for a Food and Beverage assistant to join our Award Winning team here at Keswick Reach Lodge Retreat. This is a seasonal position until 2020 where you will be required to work variable hours which will include evenings, weekends and also Bank Holidays but will benefit from a plethora of advantages including discounts at Darwin Escapes facilities and restaurants in various locations across the UK.
You will also have the opportunity to progress, with access to the much heralded Darwin Academy for your role related e-Learning courses.
The lucky applicant who gets chosen for this role will work within our wonderful front of house team and receive first hand guidance and support from our friendly Food and Beverage Manager. In this role, you will be expected to adhere to our impeccable high standards at all time as you liase with our much valued holiday customers. This will require you to take food and drink orders at the bar as well as serving the order to the customer. Minimal food preparation is required, but you will be expected to ensure that the Keswick Reach complex is kept clean and impeccably presented at all times.
If you feel that you have what it takes to take on this role and are looking for bar and waiting jobs in Keswick or a commutable distance around it, then please feel free to send your application online today! Our friendly team looks forward to hearing from you.
- Ensuring the service of food and beverages is prompt, efficient and to a high standard.
- Ensure the clean and tidy presentation of the bar and restaurant areas by ensuring glasses are collected promptly and frequently, and resetting tables quickly.
- Ensure all areas are kept clean and hygienic.
- Accurate cash handling using Epos systems.
- Accurate rotation of stock and merchandise on shelves and in fridges.
What experience you will need
- Having similar experience in a bar or restaurant setting would be an advantage.
What skills you will need
- Excellent standards of customer service are essential.
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous to enable you to get to the park due to location and hours.
- Good communication skills.
- Good attitude towards work and learning new skills.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
*Subject to terms and conditions