General Manager - Shrewsbury
Activity Centre General Manager - Condover Hall, Shrewsbury
Based at our flagship Activity Centre, Condover Hall, you will have the chance to work at one of the UK’s leading residential Activity Centres. Specialising in activity trips for School and Youth Groups, at JCA we pride ourselves on delivering a unique experience, accompanied with an array of outstanding activities and facilities. Condover Hall is in the heart of the west-midlands countryside, nestled among beautiful scenery and a stone’s throw away from a multitude of outdoor pursuits.
What will I be doing?
As Condover Hall’s General Manager no two days will look the same. You will have a dynamic and proactive approach to managing your team and be passionate about driving the business forward. You will work to ensure Condover Hall upholds its exemplary reputation and that all facets of the centre are compliant and run in accordance with the required health and safety regulations. You will have the chance to work with an enthusiastic and experienced team who you will have the chance to develop and coach, ensuring they remain engaged and enthused about what we do!
Your passion and knowledge for the role and this industry will be imparted upon more junior members of the team, our guests, and even when the going gets tough, you’ll know how get the best possible result from any situation.
This is a varied role but some of your duties and responsibilities will include
What you’ll be getting up to…
- Overall responsibility for the day to day operation of a busy activity centre.
- Effectively manage all areas and departments through dynamic and proactive management.
- Financial – control of budget and spending.
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional service to customers and other third-party clients and suppliers ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the Activity Centre through communicating and coordinating with all departments and managers.
- Ensure duty managers are supported, handling escalated guest complaints efficiently and making sure all guests leave the Activity Centre satisfied.
- Uphold the smooth service and quality of standards across the Activity Centre and separate departments.
- Be key contact and manager in the case of any emergency situation and direct staff and external services to achieve best possible outcome.
- Coach and mentor the team to ensure a high level of engagement, people development and staff retention in addition to embedding the company policies and procedures.
- Maintain the high level of standards throughout the site grounds and buildings.
- Ensuring safety and security regulations are met whilst overseeing the site security and safety procedures
- Manage any emergency issues with facilities in conjunction with relevant departmental manager and facilities team
- Ensure the centre and its operation is consistently compliant in all areas of company policy and external regulation.
- Demonstrate an ability to highlight areas where the centre can be enhanced and an ability to plan and manage projects accordingly
What we’re looking for…
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to build positive working relationships and adapt to a variety of situations.
- A demonstrated ability to operate as the figurehead of a site
- Experience of working with budgets including financial control and reporting.
- A demonstrated history of staff development and performance management through an engaging leadership style in a similar role.
- Management experience in delivering high quality customer service/guest relations to a high volume.
- Enthusiasm towards outdoor activities and education.
- Previous working experience in Outdoor Activity Centres, hotels or holiday parks.
- Guest relation experience
What you’ll get from us…
In return, you will have the chance to work at one of the UK’s leading Activity Centres within a leading Activity brand. JCA is part of a larger group of businesses, which means you will have the chance to be a part of a smaller business, but with the backing and support of a larger company and the opportunities that this creates.
In addition to a competitive salary we want you to strike the perfect work-life balance by giving you 25 days holiday each year plus your 8 days bank holiday!
We appreciate the work you do, and we want you to feel supported, that’s why we also offer a Cycle to Work Scheme, Season Ticket Loans, Employee Assistance Programme and Life Assurance as well as access to hundreds of discounts across all your favourite brands.
Experience Education celebrates diversity and is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. After all, it is our people that make our business, our products and our communities simply great!