Assistant Buyer - Tebay
Assistant Buyer - Head Office
We have an exciting opportunity to work with us at our company Head office as an “Assistant Buyer”!
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the food buyers to drive sales and ensure maximum profitability.
- Supporting the buying team in the day to day management of suppliers and projects within the team
- Producing seasonal product timelines
- Visiting competitors to keep up to date with trends and opportunities in the market
- Suggesting range changes and opportunities to buyers using insight and data from the market to back up your recommendations
- Working with the Buying assistant
- Nurturing new suppliers and ranges from launch until the three monthly review, assessing sales, margins and operational issues. This will involve working with the buyer, accounts, marketing and operations
- Working with the visual merchandising manager, generating planograms
- Organising promotional cycles working with suppliers
- Supporting the creating of tasting and events programme
- Conducting store visits, reviewing feedback and assessing food trends
- Delivering ad-hoc requests and projects from buyers and the commercial director
You must have an engaging communication style and the ability to interact cross functionally. You will also need to have a commercial acumen and excellent numerical and analytical capability. Previous experience of managing margins and sales along with excellent IT literacy including the use of Excel is a must. Operational experience, knowledge of food safety, due diligence and accreditation would be beneficial.
In return we will offer you fantastic benefits across the Westmorland Family of businesses including;
- Free meal allowance while on shift, as well as free tea and coffee
- Between 25% and 75% discount on most items in our cafes and shops
- Free car parking
- 28 days holiday increasing with length of service to 33 days (pro rata'd for part time employees)
- Contributory pension scheme after completion of your probationary period
- An opportunity to grow your career with us
This is a full time permanent position with a salary of £23,000 - £26,000.