Assistant Greenkeeper - Derby
Assistant Greenkeeper - Derby
Posting Date Aug 02, 2019
Job Number 19106542
Job Category Golf, Fitness, and Entertainment
Location Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Moor Road, Derby, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive,ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds'largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities.
Ideally placed in Morley, just north of Derby, Breadsall Priory holds the distinction ofbeing the oldest Marriott location in the world; our elegant Priory rooms dateback to 1260.
At Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel no two days are the same, with an exciting blend of guests and large events. Our hotel is a great place to developyour skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports teams, extensiveleisure facilities and contemporary British dining at our hotel's on-site Priory Restaurant.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, isadvancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As ahost with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premiumchoices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills andimagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
- Maintain all plants, trees and turf on golf course grounds and surrounding areas of the estate
- The ability to work both alone and has part of a strong team
- High level bunker presentation, weed and edge bunkers
- High standard hole setting presentations, tee markers and replacement hole sod in legal and playable locations / condition
- Operate mechanical equipment as needed. To including Toro machinery, Tractors and other machinery as directed.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance on equipment as directed by supervisor/ mechanic, to include replacing fuels and oil and daily checks/ cleaning; reporting equipment problems or failure and properly storing equipment
- Clean, and maintain all golf equipment
- Maintain high levels of Health and Safety around guests, co workers, members of the general public etc. at all times
- Followall company and safety and security policies and procedures; report anymaintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safetytraining and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are cleanand professional. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protectcompany assets. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.Support team to reach common goals. Comply with quality assurance expectationsand standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing lessthan or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Stand, sit, or walk for anextended period of time or for an entire work shift. Read and visually verifyinformation in a variety of formats (e. g., small print). Visually inspecttools, equipment, or machines (e. g., to identify defects). Grasp, turn, andmanipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills andhand-eye coordination. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending,twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move over sloping, uneven, or slipperysurfaces and steps. Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Welcome andacknowledge all guests according to company standards. Speak with others usingclear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriateetiquette. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.