Night Receptionist - Arundel
Night Receptionist - Hilton Avisford Park - Walberton, Arundel
Job Purpose: To deliver exceptional customer experiences whilst driving optimal up – sell and on‐ sell performance.
Generally receives direction from: Night Manager | Reception / Front Office Manager | General Manager
Key Performance Indicators: Departmental goals in relation to Financial Performance, Guest Experience and Team Member Experience.
Behaviours and competencies which need to be demonstrated:
- Customer Focus
- Living The Values
Planning Activities - 5%
- Liaise with your team leader to schedule annual holiday entitlement
Organizing Activities - 5%
- Report for duty on time in line with departmental personal presentation standards.
- Submit specific time off request per department guidelines.
- Be aware of planned learning sessions and attend as required.
- Organise your work station to ensure you are able to deliver excellent customer service.
- Be aware of the department standards, goals, objectives an d performance.
- Understand the products we sell, their price and the processes and systems designed to present them to our customers.
Direct Activities - 10%
- Communicate clearly between customer, reservations and housekeeping and other hotel operating departments – both ways.
- Ensure shift handover is comprehensive
Guest Facing Activities - 65%
- Be proactive in ensuring all guests are welcomed and departed in a timely and appropriate manner. Make it memorable.
- Demonstrate an awareness of customer priorities, anticipate needs and build rapport.
- Optimise customer spend through promotional awareness and suggestive selling techniques – prioritise activity /interactions as appropriate.
- Be fully briefed pre and post shift and be aware of VIP’s or guest with special needs.
- Be aware of company policy and legal requirements that affect your role and always respect the privacy of our customers.
- Ensure you are maximizing loyalty progra enrolments and delivering the benefits consistently to existing program members.
- Continuously capture guest preferences and maintain guest profiles in Property Management System
- Ensure that all prescribed and designed process, systems and standards are maintained
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for yourself, guests and colleagues.
- Ensure that guest problems are resolved effectively but avoided whenever possible
Team Activities - 15%
- Ensure your behavior respects the perspective, privacy, safety and security of our guests your colleagues.
- Maintain guest balances, cash float balances and comply with relevant credit and finance policy
- Provide constructive suggestions /feedback to the leadership group on product, process or learning delivery improvements.
- Apply yourself fully during team training and briefing exercises.
- Always deliver your “fair share” in team task elements of the role and support colleagues whose workload may temporarily exceed your own.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY and BEHAVIOUR REQUIREMENTS
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities and behaviours and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The ability to work co‐operatively with others, be part of a team and work together as oppose d to working separately or competitively. The willingness to co‐operate with others and seek common goals. Demonstrated through:
- Reporting for your shift on time, ready to start work and being ready to handover professionally to the following team at shift close.
- Respecting the point of view of others and recognizing the contribution made by others
- Being a role model for the Hilton family brands to new team members
- Actively contributing to department objectives
- Treating stock items, hotel property, your uniform and your working tools with care and respect and reporting suspicious activities
- Being flexible in line with the needs of the business
- Building relationships with colleagues and guests based on openness, honesty and trust
The ability to proactively sense and take action on customer needs and opportunities. The willingness to exceed customer expectation. Demonstrated through:
- Engaging actively with every guest & team member
- Anticipating and understanding the needs of the guest before they have the opportunity to make a request
- Adhering to Brand & Company standards, policies, process and legal requirements
- Resolving guest problems by either dealing effectively with the issue or seeking assistance from your manager or supervisor
- Actively seeking feedback and checking on guest satisfaction on a consistent basis
- Delivery of guest requests – from pre‐arrival, arrival or during stay and an awareness and care of guests requiring special assistance
- Being aware of the cultural and social differences across guest groups –planning and executing accordingly and building others’ awareness
- Allocating guest rooms in line with policy and maintaining overbooking levels in line with agreed tolerances.
- Executing shift in line with agreed process to ensure following shift can start work “on the front foot”
- Clearly communicating between department the guest requests and checking understanding with servicing department.
- Delivery of high levels of Honors guest satisfaction, repeat guest intent and problem resolution.
- Ensuring that you always deliver what was promised in the marketing material /promotion.
- Respecting the privacy/confidentiality of each guest and the responsibility to maintain customer data securely.
Living the Values
The ability to inspire day to day demonstration of the Hilton values. The willingness to walk the talk and positively project the face of Hilton Worldwide. Demonstrated through:
- Having a confident approach to your work
- Demonstrating passion and pride in your everyday work
- Demonstrating skills and knowledge from the brand and product training you receive
- Being a team player in everything you do
- Being the owner of your actions and decisions
- Being open and honest at all times
- Communicating openly with team members, supervisors, managers in all departments
- Proactively communicating priorities within the team.
- Ensuring a “Can Do” attitude to ensure the success of the department/hotel
The ability to do what is required to meet commitments and to deliver as needed. Demonstrated through:
- Attending your shift on time, ready to start work
- Working to set productivity standards
- Actively communicating with and supporting other team members in the hotel
- Staying calm under pressure and maintaining a polite and positive manner
- Asking for help when you need it
The ability to be flexible and change as needed. The willingness to learn from others. Demonstrated through:
- Approaching all situations with an unbiased and open mind
- Being flexible to the needs of the business
- Approaching change in the department or hotel with a positive attitude
- Supporting other departments as and when required
The ability to meet commitments in accordance with requirements and deliver value. The willingness to pursue excellence. Demonstrated through:
- Always reporting for duty dressed in line with the company grooming standards
- Adhering to brand standards and Health & Safety policy at all times
- Completing department checklists prior to finishing a shift and always to standard
- Ensuring all tasks are completed to high standards and within the given timescales
- Demonstrating a pride and passion for the hotel and the brand
- Demonstrating skills and knowledge from training on a daily basis
- High levels of accuracy in guest billing
The ability to maximize output with minimum input. The willingness to seek more efficient and effective ways of getting things done. Demonstrated through:
- Being able to plan and prioritise your own workload around customer “flow” patterns
- Maintaining a tidy /organised work station
- Demonstrating a sense of urgency to ensure all work tasks are carried out within agreed standards and timescales
- Ensuring all guests are billed accurately and accounts settled
- Actively participating in all department/hotel incentives
- Actively seeking feedback to ensure your professional development
- Taking the initiative to deliver guest service when colleagues may be under pressure
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the General / Hotel Manager based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Provide training to other hotel team members on department procedures, standards and principles, as needed.
- Participate in system development projects and quality enhancement pilots.
- Participate in Brand Culture Teams, Health and Safety Committee etc
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Oral and written communications capability in English language
- Keyboard Skills
- Experience working as part of a team
- Experience working in a demanding customer services role
- Additional language skills and appropriate IT /Systems Skills
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well‐groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Apply for Night Receptionist - Arundel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly