Head Hotel Host - Work in Europe!
Head Hotel Host - Work in Europe!
Up to £985 PCM (Net) + Accommodation, flights, food, lift pass + great overall package.
The salary will vary depending on the country in which you are placed (further details upon application)
Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
Our NMC Chalets are the ultimate choice for making the most of a trip to the mountains. You will oversee the chalet operation and make sure that everything is running perfectly. This role is ideal for an experienced chalet host who has the experience of managing multiple chalets and small teams.
You need to be passionate about chalet hosting and know your way around the kitchen in order to jump in and support your hosts. Experience in training teams, budget management and the ability to easily build supplier relations are really important factors in order to be successful in this role.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Guest relations – You will have the ability to create and maintain a welcoming, comfortable environment within your chalet programme, and provide all guests with information, help and guidance to ensure the customer service levels are always high
- Ensure that all Neilson allergen/HACAP guidelines and procedures are followed at all times
- Set, monitor, and control the key service performance indicators relating to the customers holiday including ski pack sales, transfers to the resort, customer service, problem resolution, chalet comfort, food preparation and delivery, budget adherence, health and safety/hygiene, and any other relevant metrics
- Day to day management – You will manage your team on a daily basis, closely monitoring staff performance along with income and feedback targets
- Training – You'll take responsibility for organising, coordination and delivery of pre-season staff training
- You'll be proactive in dealing with any additional training requirements in order to boost service scores
- Guest feedback – You will closely monitor all guest feedback to ensure that the service provided to guests is meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Target driven – You'll always aim to achieve any set sales targets and always operate within the set Chalet food/wine/cleaning budget
- You'll monitor & report the financial performance to your Line Manager
- Ensure that all company monies and sales from the Resort Hosts are correctly reported, recorded, and accounted for within Neilson financial reporting systems
- Supplier relations – You'll build an excellent working relationship with all third-party suppliers and monitor the services that they provide in order to exceed customer expectations and UK KPI’s
- Health and safety - You'll ensure that the Neilson Chalet environment is a safe place in which to work & stay
- You'll ensure that all company and locally-required health & safety procedures are implemented
- Cleanliness of the property – You'll ensure that all areas of the chalets are cleaned and maintained on a daily, weekly and seasonal basis in accordance with Neilson company standards
- Product knowledge - Demonstrate excellent overall knowledge of the Neilson product and pro-actively cross-sell our holidays to Neilson guests
- NME – Proactively advertise Neilson Mountain Expert sessions throughout the week, encouraging guests to attend and invite open feedback regarding the service delivered
- Guest dining – You'll work closely with the UK and Kitchen team to deliver a delicious and varied 6 or 7-day menu
- You'll constantly seek to improve methods so as to maintain a fresh approach to food preparation and service
- You will be actively involved in the recruitment of new staff for your resort in accordance with HR procedures and policies
- Identify the training needs of departmental staff to meet business plans and objectives
- Provide feedback to staff through ongoing performance reviews and regular team meetings
- Ensure that motivation is maintained through recognition, reward, incentives and planned social activities
- In the absence of the Hotel Manager, ensure that disciplinary and grievance procedures are adhered to in conjunction with company HR policies and procedures
- Ensure that all staff are well presented and wearing the correct uniform at all times
Qualifications and experience required:
- Cooking experience or a cooking/hospitality qualification
- Previous customer service and sales experience
- Numerical aptitude
- Experience of work overseas (desirable)
- Ski or boarding experience (desirable)
- Educated to at least GCSE standard
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Able to work well under pressure and to targets
- Language Skills (desirable)
- Able to work well under own initiative and follow written and verbal instructions
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Approachable, welcoming, professional and enthusiastic
- Highly motivated
- Organised and punctual
- Able to work unsociable hours when required