Head Housekeeper - Work in Europe!
Head Housekeeper - Work in Europe!
Up to £1,150 PCM (Net) + Accommodation, flights, food, lift pass + great overall package.
The salary will vary depending on the country in which you are placed (further details upon application)
Job Role Summary:
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it's a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of our beautiful European ski resorts where it's all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You'll be working hard, but the work is fun and there's always plenty of time to play!
Leading by example, you will ensure that a consistent, high standard of cleanliness is maintained in all of the hotel areas under the responsibility of housekeeping and to keep within budget guidelines. You will continually build and motivate your team to achieve results, constantly review operating procedures, expenditure in order to reduce cost and improve efficiency.
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Ensure the hotel is maintained to the agreed standard of cleanliness in all guest rooms, public areas and other areas as specified
- To be approachable and friendly at all times and helping to maintain a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere around the hotel
- Maintain/monitor the stock levels and cleaning of all hotel linen, uniforms and bed stock
- Constantly monitor results, work practices and cost to budget to ensure that standards are met, budgets are maintained and CSQ results are achieved
- Train and monitor your staff on the correct and most cost-effective use of all machinery/chemicals within the housekeeping department
- Ensure the appropriate staffing levels are maintained in line with hotel occupancy and follow all legal obligations relating to staff and working hours
- Investigate and recommend any changes to work practices that could benefit the hotel operation
- Ensure all H&S and HACCP guidelines are met and maintained throughout all work practices
- Develop positive working relationships within all the teams
- Gain an understanding of the Neilson product in order to cross-sell in conversation with guests
- Carry out any other duties that help with the smooth running of overseas operation as directed by your line manager
- Plan ahead to ensure a smooth changeover operation
- You will be actively involved in the recruitment of new staff for your resort in accordance with HR procedures and policies
- Identify the training needs of departmental staff to meet business plans and objectives
- Provide feedback to staff through ongoing performance reviews and regular team meetings
- Ensure that motivation is maintained through recognition, reward, incentives and planned social activities
- In the absence of the Hotel Manager, ensure that disciplinary and grievance procedures are adhered to in conjunction with company HR policies and procedures
- Ensure that all staff are well presented and wearing the correct uniform at all times
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience in similar standard and size operation
- A formal hospitality qualification (Desirable)
- Experience of working overseas (Desirable)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Good knowledge of HK operations, use of machinery, chemicals, HACCP and H&S
- Relevant work experience
- Ability to display constant high levels of standards and service
- To be a positive, effective communicator within the team and with guests
- To be flexible with working hours and willing to assist in all areas of the operation
- Language skills desirable
- Ability to plan, think ahead to solve problems
- Self-motivated and work well under pressure
- Well organised, punctual and flexible
- Hard working and honest
- Enjoys contact and conversing with a range of guests
- Able to cope with long/unsocial hours
- Excellent appearance and personal grooming
- Highest levels of personal hygiene at all times
- Assertive when necessary and confident in presenting information clearly