Digital Marketing Co-ordinator - Skipton
Digital Marketing Co-ordinator - The Coniston Hotel Country Estate and Spa
Salary - £23, 000 + bonus
The Coniston Hotel Country Estate and Spa offers a fantastic opportunity to anyone looking to join a rapidly growing business with an ambition to be a significant landmark hotel. The 71 bedroom 4 AA star hotel also plays host to a wide array of activities on the 1400 acre estate which includes; a state of the art spa, a Shooting Ground (CPSA Premier standard), 4x4 OffRoad Experience, Fly-Fishing on the 24 acre lake or River Aire and Archery.
The Huntsman’s Lodge and 2 AA Rosette Restaurant Macleod’s restaurant and bar form the heart of the hotel and both offer a wide range of locally produced food. We offer excellent conference and meeting facilities forming the base of unique team building days. Weddings are also a significant part of our business.
We are a family run hotel which is privately owned by the Bannister family, who are involved in the day to day running of the business.
The existing 170 Coniston Hotel team are very customer centered and if you pride yourself on delivering excellent customer service then you will fit in well.
The role will oversee the online marketing strategy for The Coniston Hotel Country Estate and Spa including accommodation, dining, activities, spa and holiday cottages. You will plan and execute digital (including email) marketing campaigns and design, maintain and supply content from the website. In addition, engage with the public through social media and ensure visitor flow to digital sites. Capable of spotting trends, identifying key business opportunities and supporting sales. Analyse and report on visitor data and devise new ways to market our offering.
Reporting to: Sales & Marketing Manager
Responsible for outlining and executing a digital marketing strategy, encompassing:
- Planning hotel social media activity and executing accordingly
- Developing and maintaining a creative, diversified high-quality ‘experiential’ content for social networking accounts such as Linked In, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using paid adverts, organic growth and stories
- Working alongside Journey, write and optimise content for the website
- Execution of photography, videos and blogs
- Track and analyse website traffic flow and provide regular internal reports
- Provide monthly audits for SEO and website recommendation reports from audit findings to guide future website development to help increase all traffic sources month on month including organic, direct, referral and paid
- Campaign management and development within paid search and display platforms, including but not limited to Google AdWords.
- Advert creation in line with business priorities, budget management and recommendations to be made to the Sales & Marketing Manager to improve results ensuring top ranking results and great ROI to drive additional conversions
- Compile a quarterly email marketing strategy covering all segments of the business
- Compose eshots with engaging and relevant content and monitor results, report accordingly
- Data capture
- To support the development and implementation of arrangements for compliance with GDPR, including the development of good practice to ensure efficiency in compliance and segmentation. This will involve supporting the development of systems, policies and procedures, communications, internal networks and guidance.
- Compiling a strategic approach to data capture procedures adhering to targeted growth
- Competitor monitoring and reporting for PPC and SEO activity
- Identify new trends in digital marketing, evaluate new technologies and ensure the brand is at the forefront of industry developments, particularly developments in mobile marketing
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Contribute to the quarterly sales and marketing plan and engage in content generation
- General marketing department assistance when required
Editing and writing skills: You need to devise and edit content for various digital platforms. Writing blog posts may well be an integral part of the job
Speaking skills: These will mainly be deployed internally. You will need to be able to explain coherently to others, who may not be familiar with the medium, how digital technologies work and what their marketing application is
Video editing skills: Website and social media content will not just be text but frequently visual as well
Project management skills: Need to be good at handling time-sensitive projects and working to deadline
Degree or equivalent in marketing, preferably digital communication