Receptionist - Onboard a Cruise Ship
- To provide the highest level of service to all passengers at the reception desk
- Know and adhere to company regulations, SOP's and ISM, especially where relevant to the Ships Operation.
- To constantly operate in the interests of the Owner and Supplier
- Responding to front desk general enquiries.
- The primary passenger service contact with regards to resolving any service issues.
- Guest check-in.
- Foreign currency exchange.
- Ship's lay out/directional advice for passengers. General information on cabins, amenities, ships facilities and activities.
- Internal and external switchboard operation.
- Interdepartmental liaison for special requests.
- Passenger account queries.
- Use of the Property Management System,
- Responsible for a substantial cash float.
- Cashing travelers cheques.
- Computer log of all technical faults reported by passengers and staff.
- Voyage notes - logging all queries from each voyage.
- Written Reports on comments/complaints and follow through on same.
- Assist at immigration inspections.
- Lost and found management.
- Keeping relevant information for ports of call, port highlights production.
- Taking and logging of fax messages and delivery of same.
- Stamp selling and landing of mail with the Port Agent.
- Good command of the English language
- Patient, tactful, friendly and helpful at all times
- Outgoing and courteous and a team player
- Able to work under pressure and have a high level of integrity
- At least one or two other languages.
- At least two years of experience in a service orientated environment
- Working experience with an international clientele
- Must be self disciplined and be able to communicate with passengers and crew
- Must be a self motivated person
- Should have ambition for promotion
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and see to completion to the task assigned.