Swimming Teacher – Casual Hours
Market Drayton Centre, Shropshire
up to £10.03 per hour + Excellent Benefits
Are you passionate about swimming, do you like to provide safe and enjoyable lessons in a first class environment? If so then this could be the right role for you.
We are looking to recruit for a Swimming Teacher at Market Drayton Swimming & Fitness Centre which is a part of the Shropshire Community Leisure Trust.
At Market Drayton Swimming Centre, we have a wide range of facilities offering an excellent choice of swimming and leisure activities. We also have a gym which was recently refurbished.
Purpose of the Job
In the role we will expect you to develop and manage all activities contained within the centres swimming programme. With a focus on developing quality sessions and products that will encourage repeat visits from our customers and ensure we are the swimming provider of choice in the local area. You will lead and manage our team of qualified swimming instructors and ensure their learning and qualifications are updated regularly to deliver the best possible services and instruction to our customers.
Key Qualifications & Skills
- ASA Level 2 or STA Level 1 certificate - Essential
- NPLQ or Rescue test of teachers - Essential
- GP Referral Qualified – Desirable
- Customer Service Qualification – Desirable
- This role is subject to successful Enhanced DBS Checks
- Experience of working in a busy leisure environment
- Experience in developing a swimming membership sales environment.
- Experience in dealing with high volumes of customers, adults and children
- Experience of leading a team and managing rotas.
- Experience of managing a quality Swim Scheme programme
- Experience of managing a pool programme
- Experience in dealing with Clubs, associations and other hires of the pool area
If you are experienced in managing a busy leisure or swimming environment and are based in Shropshire and are looking for a new role then apply with a copy of your CV today!
Serco/Serco Leisure Operating Limited are appointed as the Trust’s Managing Agents. We manage the recruitment process and the Trust’s employees in the delivery of the service on their behalf. On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. The Trust is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward. Applicants should be aware that in line with the company’s policy, employees will have a DBS check where appropriate.