Food & Beverage Cost Controller - London
. The Langham, London is currently recruiting for a Food & Beverage Cost Controller. The candidate will manage the day to day operations of F&B Accounting through the recording of Food and beverage costs, adhering to all cost control procedures, updating costings, F&B revenue and cost audits. As Food & Beverage Cost Controller, your main role will be to:
- effectively manage the day to day operation of F&B Accounting to execute finance and accounting responsibilities
- provide assistance to the Hotel Controller, Director of Finance and F&B Management in adhering to F&B controls to reflect correctly in financial reports, and profit and loss statements.
- work with F&B teams through own team and influences department managers to ensure appropriate controls are in place to manage business risks to maximise profitability whilst maintaining standards.
- be responsible for various month end activities and reporting
- review or implement procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- 4 weeks holidays plus 8 bank holidays (which attract double pay and time off when worked)
- uniform provided and laundered
- meals on duty
- complimentary accommodation at other Langham Hotels
- discounted accommodation at The Langham, London for you, and your friends and family
- discounts for you and your friends and family in our food and beverage outlets and on Spa treatments
- pension plan
- life insurance
- eye test vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Travelcard loan
- colleague recognition system - being recognised and rewarded for positive guest comments or when you go the extra mile
- learning and development opportunities, which also include paid and unpaid cross departmental training opportunities
- two staff parties per year and a number of colleague social and community events
The Langham London, London’s Original Grand Hotel and flagship of the international Langham Hospitality Group comprises 380 luxury bedrooms and suites, the acclaimed Roux at The Landau and Palm Court restaurants, Artesian Bar, The Wigmore, extensive Conference & Events facilities and Chuan Body + Soul. The team at the hotel prides itself on creating enchanting encounters for our guests and we’ve been doing so since 1865.Requirement .
Key requirements for the role of Food & Beverage Cost Controller are:
- timeliness and accuracy in recording and reporting
- financial management skills e.g., ability to analyse P&L statements
- analytical and problem-solving skills
- to be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- hands on approach required, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve problems.
- ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and colleagues.
- knowledge of overall hotel operations as they effect the department.
- f lexibility i.e. team player and working hours (weekend work may apply during month end / year-end).
- knowledge of MS Office (Excel skills at Intermediate level)
- Operating systems (Opera, Materials Control, Micros POS (Point of Sales), Sun Accounting)
Terms of employment
. Full time