Receptionist - Aldeburgh
Receptionist - The Brudenell Hotel - Aldeburgh
We are looking for a Receptionist to join our team based at The Brudenell Hotel, Aldeburgh. We are part of the award winning The Hotel Folk a group of 6 individual hotels all located within Suffolk.
The aim of this role is to provide all guests and potential guests with friendly, efficient customer service at all times so that they receive a positive impression of the company.
Carry out all reception procedures accurately and efficiently within the department.
- Respond to guest and customer requests courteously and efficiently at all times.
- Answer in-coming telephone calls.
- Take accurate reservation enquiries.
- Be aware of all arrivals/departures, functions, special events and special requests.
- Respond to any special requests accurately and efficiently.
- Ensure that information relating to special requests or requirements is immediately passed on to other relevant departments.
- Know all the products on offer within the hotel and group.
- Provide a daily list of all residents, arrivals and departures for housekeeping, ensure that any relevant additional information is included.
- Handle cash accurately. Record any transactions and expenditure accurately, along with bank reconciliation.
- Ensure that all guests complete a registration card on arrival.
- Ensure that all requests for wake up calls and newspapers are met and that charges are recorded.
- Record information on manual and computerised systems so that they are always up-to-date and accurate.
- Respond to all in-coming correspondence, requests for information and telephone enquiries.
- Keep the daily day book/handover diary up-to-date.
- Produce menu’s, letters and reports as requested. (Microsoft Office experience required)
We are looking for individuals to work full time, 40 hours a week. The hours of work are on a rota basis and will include some evenings, weekends and bank holidays. Due to the location of our hotel in Aldeburgh you will need your own transport, we offer free parking. The company offers excellent benefits (free meals when on duty, Simply Health health care scheme, EdenRed, free golf and discounts at all our hotels and our luxury Spa) we offer a busy, exciting working environment.