Night Auditor/Porter - Britannia Hotel Stockport
Why wait to make your next career move?
Apply now and you could be working at The Britannia Hotel Stockport! The Stockport hotel is a 187-bedroom, modern hotel situated in a quiet residential district close to Stockport’s bustling town centre, with a wide range of shops and entertainment available just a short distance away.
Our Front Desk operates on a 24-hour check in service due to its popularity and location and we are looking to recruit a Night Auditor/Porter to join our exciting front of house team.
As Night Auditor/Porter you will be required to;
- Look after hotel security and guest welfare at night, maintaining the upmost courtesy and politeness to guests always.
- Conduct regular floor walks and security checks of fire exits and public areas, reporting any irregularities to the manager on duty.
- Identify security risks and take due action.
- Have thorough knowledge of all systems and procedures used within the hotel and department and to provide support as and when required.
- Be aware of weekly business in the hotel & maximise every sales opportunity for food, beverage and rooms.
- Run the night audit.
- Assist in setting up and servicing of event rooms.
- Ensure effective communication on nights in all areas and to read and sign all communications issued.
The successful candidate will be organised, punctual and efficient. They will also have excellent communication skills with both colleagues and with customers. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, prioritise their work effectively and work well towards strict deadlines.
Look at our website and check out this conveniently located, modern building! This position offers the opportunity for you to work in an exciting, fast-paced industry!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted stays for you and your family at any of our 60 Hotels & 6 Parks
- Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotional prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.