Patient Ambassador - Southampton
Patient Ambassador - Ward Supervisor
Hours: Full-time (37.5), Monday - Friday 2:30pm-9:00pm
£17,787 - £20,448 per annum + Benefits
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone
Serco is an established provider of services to the NHS and we pride ourselves in delivering a quality and high standard of service which cannot be rivalled. A service, that continues to develop and continuously improves for the benefit of our customers, staff, patients and visitors.
Our team at Southampton University Hospital provide all cleaning, catering services to the NHS Trust on site which incorporates both Southampton General and Princess Ann Hospital.
We are currently recruiting for an Patient Ambassador for Princess Ann Hospital. This role will ensure that all soft services within the hospital are delivered effectively and efficiently at all times.
The role will:
- Manage a team who provide catering and cleaning to the hospital
- Maintain standards of service through daily inspections and quality control along with formal monitoring.
- Ensure that their team are proactive in identifying and reporting maintenance defects
- Building effective working relationships with senior staff/departmental managers, patients and visitors to the hospital
- Knowledge of systems that support in the delivery of performance, monitoring data, KPI measurement and all other required management information
Experience and Qualifications
- Food Safety Level 2 or 3 (This can be provided)
- Experience in a supervisory position for at least one area of Soft Services
- FM in a healthcare environment (preferable)
- Experience of leading a team
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.