Cafe Supervisor - Mansfield
Café Supervisor | Water Meadows Swimming and Fitness Complex
Working Hours: 30 Hours Per Week between Monday to Sunday on a 2-week rota:
Week 1: Mon-10am-5.30pm, Tue-9am-5pm, Fri-10am-6.30pm, Sat-11am-7.00pm
Week 2: Mon-11am-6.30pm, Tue-10am-6.30pm, Thurs-10.30am-6.30pm, Sun-8.30am-4.30pm
Salary: £9.94 per hour
As part of Mansfield District Leisure Trust, Water Meadows Swimming and Fitness Complex are currently recruiting for a Café Supervisor to work 30 hours per week for the working pattern stated above. You will also be required to work bank holidays as well.
Water Meadows Swimming and Fitness Complex offers everything you need for a great family visit. The leisure pool is packed with water rides to keep both adults and children entertained, whilst the competition pool and fitness suite provide for those seeking a more active visit.
About the Role
The Cafe Supervisors role is to work within the catering team to achieve high standards of service and customer care at all times.
- To ensure the day to day running of the cafe is smooth, customer friendly and to the highest standard
- Ensure correct staffing levels are maintained through the management of staff rotas
- Update and maintain risk assessments and HACCPs for the catering operation
- Supervise the work of catering staff
- Work with the management team in the development of business plans and budgets
- Participate in promotional activities as agreed with the Centre Manager or Contract Manager
- Undertake any other duties as required within the Centre as directed by your line manager any other reasonable request as set out by management
The Cafe Supervisor should be able to demonstrate a level of experience and knowledge commensurate with the position in:
- Customer Service
- Supervision or management of a food retail operation or service led organisation
- Staff supervision and development
- Administrative and financial processes
Essential/ Desirable Skills/ Qualifications
- The Supervisor will ideally hold a Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering or equivalent. A CIEH or RIPH Advanced Certificate in Food Safety is also desirable.
- Previous experience and knowledge of customer care/service in a food retail operation is desirable.
- Health & Safety awareness.
- Good communication and Customer care skills.
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills.
- COSHH knowledge.
Some of the benefits of working for Water Meadows Swimming and Fitness Complex:
- Free use of all the facilities at the Centre
- Development and Training Opportunities
- Pension Scheme
- Optional benefits
If you feel you meet the criteria for the role, please apply and upload a copy of your CV.
Serco/Serco Leisure Operating Limited are appointed as the Trust’s Managing Agents. We manage the recruitment process and the Trust’s employees in the delivery of the service on their behalf. On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. The Trust is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Recruitment Team as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward. Applicants should be aware that in line with the company’s policy, employees will have a DBS check where appropriate.