Operations Manager - High Wycombe
We are recruiting for an Operations Manager with experience of managing sites with pools.
Fusion Lifestyle’s Operations Managers work with their centre teams to ensure our customers are safe and happy, thus ensuring repeat business, and have the able to capitalise on a variety of revenue streams. As the Operations Manager you will be a stickler for health and safety, while ensuring all pool activity programming is fit for purpose. You will also mentor and develop your team, ensuring all training/CPD remains up to date, serve as Duty Manager when required, and deputise for the General Manager.
To be successful as a Operations Manager will need to have a UK recognised pool lifeguard qualification and previous experience of working in wet operations, (lifeguard, swim teaching or as a Trainer Assessor). You’ll also need Supervisory/Management experience in the leisure, hospitality or service industry and have had significant exposure to managing a team; including training, development, appraisals, performance management and recruiting staff. Excellent verbal communication skills are a must; including the ability to influence and persuade, alongside strong numerical and written skills. A First Aid at Work Certificate and a Pool Plant Operator qualification are desirable, although training can be offered for these. CIMSPA membership is also desirable, but not essential.
Some of the tasks and responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Drive all wet-side programming
- Drive and achieve Centre financial targets and dry-side KPI's: including customer service, occupancy and revenue targets; payroll costs and participation levels, and support in the preparation of annual service and financial plans
- Continuously review dry-side programming, developing and improving as required
- Ensure the delivery of enjoyable, cost-effective and safe activities
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the leisure centre, and Deputise for the General Manager as required
- Ensure that all contracts, licenses and documentation required for the safe and effective operation of the centre are in place and adhered to consistently
- Line management responsibilities for recruitment & induction; delivering training, appraisals, development and performance management of staff as necessary
- Supported by the Divisional Technical Trainer, ensure IQL CPD, record keeping and verification requirements are complied with at the Centre
We have high expectations of our Operations Managers as many go on to become our next Centre Managers. Accredited by the Institute of Management and Leadership, you will have the opportunity to benefit from the STRIDE programme; our excellent industry leading management training and development scheme.
You will also work within a fast-pace, stimulating environment that fosters a culture of team work and fun.
Some of the additional benefits you may enjoy as a Fusion team member include:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Discount on Bickels Yard Café F&B products
- Eye test (DSE users)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Industry Leading Training
If you want to further your career in leisure within a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
*In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.