Hotel General Manager - Nationwide
Shipboard Associate Hotel General Manager - Nationwide
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of 18 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities. Princess Cruises is the employer of choice in the cruise industry. We offer exceptional facilities and extensive learning and recreational programs for our crew. Join our team and you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited growth, and ports of call that will leave you breathless
Working for Princess Cruises is ideal if you are looking to take your career to the next level and enjoy serving as a strategic team leader in a challenging and unique environment. This position, reporting to the Hotel General Manager, leads the Rooms Division, Revenue and Entertainment departments in delighting and serving our guests, surpassing critical key performance indicator targets for each area and providing product consistency and profitability in line with the company’s Core Values, brand pillars and overall commercial, operational and human resources strategy. A lead Hotel Officer for driving Princess Medallion Class integration and sustainability.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Delivers strategic initiative to ensure exemplary service across all guest touch points.
- Drives the use of all programs and Princess Medallion Class tools & applications to enable first contact resolution, reduce recurring service failures by driving root cause analysis and attention to detail to provide workable solutions throughout the guest experience.
- Directs the day to day operational efficiency of the Guest Service, Entertainment & activity programs, Housekeeping, Laundry and onboard revenue operations, ensuring product standards and cleanliness are maintained.
- Collaborates with the Technical team to ensure all guest areas are well maintained and issues that would negatively impact the guest experience are quickly rectified.
- Ensures each division within their area of responsibility adheres to all policies & procedures and delivers the agreed product in support of a consistent and efficient operation.
- Supports the Guest Services and Entertainment teams in the delivery of group requirements and in port functions.
- Oversees the planning of the daily events schedule by the Entertainment Director and Business & Brand Director to maximize guests access to and awareness of all activities available onboard
- Participates productively with the Hotel General Manager in the planning of future itinerary deployments or sudden itinerary changes, anticipating potential problems relating to Entertainment, revenue, demographics, logistics and clearance requirements.
- As the Hotel General Manager’s designate, responsible for driving all onboard revenue performance and achieving revenue objectives
- Advocates on behalf of the Business & Brand Director to achieve financial and revenue goals in line with company targets and guidelines.
- Supports the Business & Brand Director in the creation of strategic and tactical marketing plans for new initiatives which incorporate analytical results
- Oversee all marketing, advertising and promotional material and activities while remaining consistent with the company’s goals and brand standards.
- Promptly completes performance appraisals that are fair and objective, based on observed behavior.
- Observes each manager’s performance using his or her role description as a guide and delivers prompt and appropriate feedback. Coaches and develops skilled, engaged team members, identifying and mentoring future leaders.
- Regularly monitors the effectiveness and completion of onboard training programs and participates as a facilitator as required.
All duties must be completed in accordance with the company Core Values and all aspects of the Service Essentials program.
Eligibility Requirements – Required.
- Five+ years of progressive management experience in a leading hospitality setting with operational management experience in Guest Services, Housekeeping and revenue outlet operations.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with proven business and organizational planning, coordination and execution
- Quality driven with a proven passion for building a guest centric operation, delivering quality service standards and adopting successful problem resolution and trend evaluation techniques.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function. Ability to manage an international staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work. Ability to coach and counsel to improve performance, administering the disciplinary process effectively.
- Has shown continued career growth with a passion to get to the top and be the best
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Proven and successful multi-discipline skills/experience at a senior level given consideration
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred
Along with a challenging career and worldwide travel opportunities, Princess Cruises offers many other benefits. Our crew members are afforded comfortable accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, pool and a recreation center.
To apply for an onboard opportunity today, please visit the Careers pages on the Princess Cruises or email your CV, quoting reference AHGM/L.J.19.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess Cruises team. Together, we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories.
Apply for Hotel General Manager - Nationwide
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly