Kitchen Porter - Ripon
Kitchen Porter in Shaun Rankin at Grantley Hall
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants – ranging from fine dining to Pan-Asian experience dining and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Grantley Hall aims to be a leading UK luxury hotel and wellness retreat, bringing a touch of vibrant city centre style to the Yorkshire countryside. We will create a long-lasting legacy that celebrates the rich heritage and history of Grantley Hall. Offering a distinctly different and diverse range of experiences and exceptional customer service, and combined with the warmth of our welcome, and relaxed Yorkshire charm we aim to create memorable moments for our guests to cherish and a magical place for our friends and colleagues to work.
Magical | Respectful | Innovative | Passionate | Consistent
Grantley Hall is due to open in July 2019, we have an exciting opportunity for multiple Kitchen Porters in Shaun Rankin at Grantley Hall to ensure our guests receive a five star service.
- 31 days annual leave (including bank holidays) increasing with service,
- Modern and spacious live in accommodation for eligible roles.
- Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
- Increased maternity and paternity leave with length of service.
- We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
- Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a NEST pension scheme.
- 24/7 team assistant line.
- Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
- Team Member of the Month Awards.
- Refer a Friend Award.
- All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
- We are proud to be accredited by The Workplace Wellbeing Charter.
- We offer all team members free confidential and confidential assessments, personal fitness programmes and we can offer nutritional advice.
- We encourage a balanced diet by offering complimentary balanced meals whilst on duty,
- We are proud to be a mindful employer and we have mental health first aiders on site.
- We regularly hold health and well-being events to ensure we are supporting you and your goals accordingly.
- We have a confidential 24/7 team assistance line that offers you free telephone counselling as well as legal and financial advice and support.
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketeer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5 star career at a 5 star hotel.
- Carrying out basic cleaning tasks as fast as possible.
- Collecting and washing up pots and pans.
- Cleaning crockery & cutlery and ensuring food preparation sites are clean and ready.
- Ensuring the storeroom remains organised.
- Making sure work surfaces, floors and walls are always clean and sanitised.
- Cleaning dishes manually and by using the dishwasher.
- Supporting in basic food preparation.
- Washing pots, pans and any other kitchen equipment’s.
- Hold the kitchen work areas in accordance with HACCP regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining the hygiene of the main catering areas to enable the delivery of high standard catering services in adherence with all health & safety/food safety regulations and best practice.
Key Skills, Qualities & Experience
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Be able to work safely in a busy environment.
- Can accurately follow instructions.
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Able to perform well and remain professional whilst under pressure.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Physically fit and able to lift safely heavy weights.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES