General Manager - London
General Manager - London
Be Military Fit (BMF) is recruiting a Full-Time General Manager for London.
This role will directly manage and take responsibility for all aspects of business performance across multiple locations and venues with a blend of health and fitness revenue streams.
Our General Managers need to be industry leaders with a keen eye for developing a member experience as well as have the technical know how to drive a commercial business forward.
You must be passionate about developing membership portfolios as well as building strong teams across a wide geography.
This is a hands-on and active role and would suit a General Manager looking to lead by example and deliver show stopping sessions as well as build and a business plan/strategy for a region to ensure delivery on core KPI’s.
You will be expected to run billable sessions for approximately 40% of your time up to 15 group sessions per week, as well as managing your regional footprint.
You will have a keen eye for building and developing relationships with your team, but also with external stakeholders such as local authorities, park management authorities and commercial venue/land operators.
- Be responsible for the Health & Safety of yourself, your Instructors and BMF members at your Parks, ensuring all risk assessments are up to date and relevant.
- Control profit & loss performance for area. Grow profit with accordance to the targets by building a ‘value added’ membership culture, acquiring new venues, driving cost control and leading on sales strategy at your sites.
- Manage attrition and grow membership. Welcome, engage and convert trialists. Demonstrating an understanding of the ‘perfect’ members journey.
- Develop timetables in venues in accordance with local demographic and fitness industry trends.
- Line manage Instructors & Lead Instructors and ensure quality assessment and BMF standards are applied to every key deliverable.
- Report on and ensure equipment for programmes is available, fit for purpose & assets accounted for.
- Plan resource for classes at all sites in area to correct ratio of Instructor : Members to drive core KPIs.
- Live and Breathe the Health, Fitness and the Leisure Industry
- Show a passion for developing yourself, inspiring your members and coaching your staff
Knowledge/Skills/Experience that are essential:
- Recognised Level 2 fitness trainer qualification
- Current driving licence
- Provide evidence of P&L / cash flow management
- Show a clear understanding of the wider industry and have knowledge of the marketplace.
Knowledge/Skills/Experience that are desirable:
- Sports science or strength and conditioning background.
- Excellent customer service skills to attract new customers and retain current members.
- Sales experience
- Ability to adapt to the use of social media within the business
- A military background and preferably Lead Instructor experience but not essential.