Reservations Manager - Edinburgh
Tattu is an award-winning, independent, family-owned business founded in 2015 by two young brothers. The brand set out with a clear vision – to bring something unique and engaging to the restaurant industry making a permanent mark on the UK’s culinary scene. The word Tattu is derived from a combination of ‘Tattoo’ the art form that inspires our stunning interiors and ‘Tatau’ which is an ancient word from eastern culture that means to ‘make a mark’. Our aim was to build a customer experience around the brand that stimulates all senses – fusing quality and innovative Chinese cooking with beautiful and meaningful design.
In autumn 2019, we will open our fourth site in Scotland’s majestic capital – Edinburgh. The restaurant will be located in the Mint Building which makes up one half of The Registers on the south-east corner of St Andrew Square.
We are looking to build an energetic team at all levels across the business from front-of-house and reservations to servers, bartenders and kitchen staff.
Tattu delivers contemporary Chinese cuisine, blending traditional flavours with modern cooking methods and exquisite presentation. It’s a high-intensity environment which demands the best from our team. We refuse to compromise our standards in the fast paced atmosphere our large cover days create.
The successful candidate will:
- Have relevant front desk and reception experience in a high-volume environment
- Have an in-depth knowledge of booking systems (Opentable, Quadranet,Bookatable etc)
- Be a great communicator and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
- Be able to work under pressure in a calm manner with the ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Be incredibly organised in every way with a great attention to detail and structured approach to responsibilities
- Have previous management experience with strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate, direct and delegate
- Be able to lead the Reservations team, train them as per our company manual and guide them to maximise covers and revenue within the restaurant.
- Work closely with the General Manager and assist with administrative tasks when needed. Have experience within Events Management.
- Be the main contact for organising and executing private dining bookings and events for the unit from start to finish.
- Be involved in guest show rounds, placing a strong emphasis on utilising the private dining spaces to maximum occupancy where possible.
- This is an operational role and the candidate will be required to be present leading the team from the front working a variety of shifts.
Our custom motto is to be permanently unique – this applies to everything we do. We want you to be an individual and be yourself.
We genuinely care about our Tattu Rock Stars and the rewards for being part of our family are numerous:
* Guaranteed hourly service charge rates on top of your basic wage. Amazing bonus and incentive schemes – we always give 100% and more back to our teams.
* 50% off food and drink in our restaurants for up to four people (Monday - Thursday).
* Free staff meals on duty.
* Make your money go further with access to a range of discounts and benefits, including shopping, cinema tickets, travel, eating out and health, through Perkbox.
* Access to employee health and support scheme.
* We focus on internal promotions and training therefore we are looking for people who want to build a career with us from day one.
* We are on an expansion path. We now have restaurants in Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham – Edinburgh will open in Autumn 2019 and London in 2020. We are looking for people who want to grow with us.
Apply for Reservations Manager - Edinburgh
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly