Transport Team Leader - Kettering
Join the family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.Pay Rates
Circa £35,000 per annumShift Pattern and Contracted Hours
45 hours per week on an annualised hour’s and rotational basis – 5 shifts out of 7.
Permanent ContractJob Description
As a Transport Team Leader at our Distribution Centre in Kettering, you will be supporting the management of a team of drivers ensuring they work within company guidelines and that operational targets are met on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. You will be the first line management for drivers communicating planned requirements and providing information on performance, company news and procedures.
Reporting to the Transport Manager, you will be an enthusiastic, reliable individual who takes pride in your work; an effective communicator demonstrating the Company Values with the ability to work alone and manage your own work schedule. Be computer literate, in particular with Excel, and using initiative, problem solving skills and attention to detail are critical to the success of this role.
Hours of work may be unsociable and shift patterns vary, so flexibility is also essential.
- Manage Transport Systems
- Co-ordinate with Operational Team Leaders to ensure all routes are adequately covered.
- Liaise with Operational Team Leaders with any issues
- Manage Team Members with Operational Team Leaders
- Manage drivers’ hours and legal duties with Operational Team Leaders
- Contribute to the PDR process with team members
- Discuss opportunities for improving efficiencies with Supervisor/Manager
- Class C+E Driving license (with a maximum of 6 penalty points)
- Hold a Driver Qualification Card and have the appropriate level of CPC training
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be numerate and literate with the ability to maintain records
- Be self-motivated and flexible with working hours
- Have a good attendance, time keeping and disciplinary record
- Demonstrate using the Company values
- Experience of working in a supervisory role would be an advantage.
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement is 35 days per year which includes Bank Holidays. (pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 year’s continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to one year’s salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Other benefits include:
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.