Ice Rink Steward - London
Casual Ice Rink Steward - Alexandra Palace - London
Alexandra Palace is looking to recruit Ice Rink Stewards to support with the smooth running of all ice rink operations including public sessions, private hires, birthday parties, hockey matches and events.
This is a casual position paying £9.91 per hour. Hours and shifts will be assigned on an as and when needed basis and availability to work occasional weekends, bank holidays and evenings would be an advantage.
- Supervise customers on the ice by helping skaters to skate safely
- Deliver an efficient and effective skate hire service by making sure customers have the right size skates and that boots are kept well stocked and organised
- Maintain high standards of customer service by greeting all customers appropriately, checking tickets and answering customer enquiries
- Establish a clean and tidy working environment maintaining high standards of presentation throughout the ice rink
- Host ice skating birthday parties delivering excellent customer service contributing to positive customer feedback.
- Facilitate the use of the ice re-surfacer (Zamboni) by putting the ramps on the ice and sweeping up snow ensuring that all sessions start on time with fresh and smooth ice.
- Act in a health and safety capacity at ice hockey matches ensuring that evacuation procedures are followed and any incidents reported to a Duty Manager
- Ability to ice skate with confidence
- Experience of working directly with customers
- well presented
- team player
- available to work a flexible shift pattern including some weekends and late nights
- Experience working in an ice rink or leisure venue
- Basic 1st aid qualification
- Knowledge of Alexandra Palace events and operations
- Knowledge of health and safety processes and procedures
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role.
Please note that applications will be shortlisted on receipt.
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of submitting your CV then please assume that on this occasion that your application has been unsuccessful.