Grounds and Maintenance Assistant - Poole
Full Time Grounds and Maintenance Assistant - Wareham Forest Lodge Retreat - Holton Heath, Poole
A Full Time position for a Grounds and Maintenance Assistant has now become available at Wareham Forest Lodge Retreat.
This stunning, five star resort is located close to Poole in Dorset and is home to many luxury holiday lodges. The successful applicant for this role will join our friendly Grounds and Maintenance team to maintain the appearance and running of the resort, buildings and accommodation. You will liaise closely with the Reception team and take on maintenance requests as they come in. These tasks can range anywhere from resetting a boiler in a guest lodge to repairing a leaky roof in the Reception building. Completing these in a professional, timely manner will ensure the highest standards of guest experience.
Alongside this, you will work closely with the Grounds team to maintain the grounds of the resort. This will include a variety of day to day tasks including cutting all grass within the grounds, maintaining all borders including edging, weeding and barking these.
This position is a full time, permanent position to work variable hours. The hours may include weekends and bank holidays.
This is an excellent chance for anyone searching for Grounds or Maintenance position in the Pool area, to join the team.
- Work within the Grounds team to ensure the resort grounds are kept clear and tidy
- Take on day to day Grounds responsibilities such as cutting grass, weeding borders and clearing pathways
- Assist within the Maintenance team to complete day to day maintenance work on resort buildings and lodges.
- Complete repair works where necessary.
- Adhere to and update any plant or equipment schedules as needed.
- Follow all regulations and procedures for the safe use and storage of chemicals.
What experience you will need
- Previous experience within a Grounds or Maintenance position is ideal
What skills you will need
- Good levels of customer service are key.
- Strong communication skills are essential.
- Positive work ethic.
- Eagerness to learn new skills and put these into practice.
What we offer
- Role specific training including on the job, courses and Darwin Academy modules including COSHH and Manual Handling.
- Competitive hourly rate of pay.
- Comfortable and durable uniform is provided.
- Great employee discount within various company owned restaurants and resort facilities.