Apprentice Commis Chef - Keswick
2 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Apprentice Commis Chef - The Inn on the Square, Keswick
The Role As an apprentice commis chef you're on the first rung of the ladder to becoming a great chef within our group. You will be involved in food preparation work and basic cooking under the supervision of senior chefs, this is your big chance to learn all there is to know about your trade.. You will need to be versatile, because it is important that you gain experience in all sections of the kitchen before you consider specialising.
As an Apprentice Commis Chef, you must:
- Have a desire to develop your skills in cooking, be a good listener and take direction from the more senior members of the kitchen brigade
- Possess a passion for food, a desire to learn and a keen interest in working with quality seasonal ingredients
- Have previous experience of being part of a team
What we offer you:
- Professional Chef Training Level 2 progressing to Level 3
- Working within a group which has 3 2AA Rosette and 2 1AA Rosette Restaurants
- Working within 8 kitchens, one of which is our soon to open Pan Asian Restaurant at the Lodore Falls Hotel
- Rewards as you progress to include, knife set, Dine with your Executive Chef, a night’s Dinner, bed and breakfast in one of our hotels, 2 weeks working abroad in either Malta or Austria. On completion of your level 2 a full time position and a £1000 bonus and a congratulatory lunch, where you can invite your family and friends along to help you celebrate your qualification
- Salary that at national minimum wage, for your age
- Live in accommodation is available if required.
- Staff discount scheme in all our hotels and Restaurants.
The Company: Lake District Hotels Ltd are a distinctive collection of six award winning hotels in the northern Lake District, family owned and run and situated in the most beautiful parts of the Lake District. From 4-star luxury hotels on the shores of Ullswater and Derwentwater, to traditional coaching inns and hotels in the town centres of Keswick and Penrith - our Lake District hotels are recognised for the warmth of welcome, unrivalled personal attention and excellent service.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are not able to give status updates. If you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 1 week of submitting your application. Thank you
Apply for Apprentice Commis Chef - Keswick
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly