Children's Club Manager
Job Role Summary:
A leader, a grafter and a holiday fun maker! This sums up our Neilson Childcare Managers. They lead from the front and they aren’t afraid to get stuck in.
We are Big, Loud and Proud! The childcare teams are one of the largest team’s in the resort and is made up of a whole host of different personalities. You will need to embrace every single team member to ensure that they are reaching their full potential of fantastic!
It’s all Go-Go-Go! The children are full of energy and so is our children's club programme. The Children’s Club Managers can think on their feet and take on whatever gets thrown their way.
Cool, Calm and Collected! Our Children’s clubs are what make our holidays extra special for our guests. Being organised is key to make sure that our clubs remain at the top of their game.
To be a Children’s Club Manager is more than just a full-time job, it’s a lifestyle. You will become a Superhero to the children (and their parents) through your enthusiasm, your professionalism and always being approachable.
You will be based in one of our beautiful European Neilson Beachclubs where we operate the following different clubs:
- Starfish crèche (4-23 months)
- Sea Urchins (two and three years old)
- Sea Badgers (four and five years old)
- Surfbusters (six and seven years old)
- Sharksters (eight and nine years old)
- Stingrays (10 and 11 years old)
- Surf Squad (12 and 13 years old)
- Wave Riders (14 and 15 years old)
- TAG (16 and 17 years old)
We are always looking for friendly, enthusiastic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Neilson Active Holidays team, you must be over the age of 18 and in order for us to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
- Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
- Hold a UK National Insurance number
- Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
PLEASE NOTE: Regrettably, if you are currently registered to a fixed address in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, it is not possible for us to obtain the necessary legal paperwork required to post you overseas at this time.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To be professional in your appearance
- Maintaining a positive attitude and an excellent standard of customer service at all times
- Create and deliver a daytime/evening activity programme for babies and children aged from 4months - 17yrs
- Ensure that all activities are fun, engaging, and age appropriate for each of the individual children’s clubs making the best use of the environment and equipment available
- Make sure that Health and Safety requirements are always considered
- Ensure that your team meets with parents on a daily basis and encourage open communication to discuss the individual needs of each child
- Ensure that your team organise appropriate snacks and meals for the children & teenagers
- Ensure that your team keep the crèche, clubrooms, equipment, and toys clean, well maintained, and sterilised where appropriate
- Ensure that your team take personal responsibility for the security of Neilson equipment and the satisfactory appearance of Neilson sites
- To practically help coordinate the set up of the crèche, activity rooms and hotel at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season
- Train, motivate and appraise the children’s club team to ensure the highest levels of service, and coordinate and deliver a training programme assuming responsibility for the development of the children’s club team
- Develop positive working relationships with all departments
- Help organise and host social events, deliver briefings and positively interact with guests at all times
- Be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- To be flexible working with other age groups in low season
- Be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties, within reason, as requested by your manager
Qualifications and Experience required:
- First Aid certificate valid for the duration of the contract
- Educated to GCSE standard
- Previous experience of working with children in an active environment
- Experience running an extensive children’s club programme and managing a team
- Previous responsibility for safety standards
- Previous customer service experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and age-appropriate children’s club activities
- Skilled at creating and organising a multifaceted children’s club activity programme
- Extensive knowledge of the current Neilson children’s club programme
- In-depth knowledge of current child protection policies
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Ability to lead, motivate, train a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance