Duty Manager - Egham
Duty Manager - Egham
Up to £22,600 per annum
Achieve Lifestyle are a local leisure trust based in North Surrey, and manage Egham Orbit, Achieve zONE and Achieve POWER. We are committed to developing access and opportunity to healthy lifestyles, wellness, sports participation and leisure and recreation to our local community.
Our facilities include the newly opened £19m Egham Orbit, hosting an exceptional range of high class facilities including swimming pools with movable floors, the 5 star Otium Spa, sports arena, outdoor grass and synthetic pitches, fitness gym and 4 studios, soft play, café and crèche.
Achieve zONE is a quality standard high street gym, and Achieve POWER is a dedicated high end strength and conditioning gym, both facilities opened during 2018.
Benefits Of Working With Us
We pride ourselves in our team ethos, supporting and developing our people through a comprehensive training and development plan for each person, with loads of support for you to progress within your job and leisure industry.
Our team members are able to access a range of great benefits, including a very competitive salary, bonus and commission schemes, as well as free use of facilities. Plus you can nominate one person to be a “buddy member” accessing a reduced price for membership.
Permanent staff can expect to enjoy 163 hours of annual leave (based on a working week of 37 hours) plus public holidays.
Casual staff are also paid a further 12% holiday pay pro rata for hours worked.
Duty Manager Role:
- To work in a busy leisure centre supporting the Operations Manager in delivering a good level of customer service.
- Overseeing the management of the day to day operations staff, ensuring best practice and customer satisfaction is focused upon.
- Ensuring a positive approach to health and safety is consistently met.
- Overseeing housekeeping standards are met and maintained.
- Supervision and supporting recreation staff in carrying out their operational duties.
- Working shifts including early mornings / evenings and weekends.
- Ability to take responsibility and to develop their career within the leisure industry
- Qualified Lifeguard - NPLQ required.
This role is full time, working 37 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business; specific shift patterns include 'earlies' (5am-1.30pm), 'lates' (1.30pm-10.30pm) and weekends (from 6am/until 10pm).
Previous supervisory experience in the leisure industry is desirable.
We are a welcoming and friendly team of both permanent and casual staff who work across one, or several, of our leisure sites. For the right candidate, we will provide support and training, as well as further opportunities to develop your career. Our company benefits include competitive rates of pay, generous holiday entitlement, pension scheme, full gym membership for permanent staff, fitness classes and discounts on food / beverage.
The successful applicant will be subject to a background disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.