LGV Driver Class C (Multi Drop) - Manchester
Join the family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Annual rate £38,000 plus addtional allowance for shiftsShift Pattern and Contracted Hours
Shifts: 5 over 7 days, 10 hour shifts on a flexible rolling weekly rota pattern.
Contract: permanentJob Description
Our Class C Drivers are carrying out a really important role.
Loading your heavy goods vehicle, and making sure shops have their deliveries on time isn't easy. It involves some manual labour as well as a high driving standard. Considerable care must be taken with the handling and delivery of our temperature controlled products.
If you value your independence and relish responsibility then this is a role that you can enjoy. As well as driving, the role enables you to contribute towards our high standards in transport compliance, food and safety.
It's a varied role where you work on your own and as part of the logistics team.Skills
- Clean driving record and Class C driving license (old style Class 2) with no more than 6 points as well as the appropriate level of CPC training and the relevant certificates to prove it.
- Numerate and literate.
- Reliable timekeeping.
- The ability to maintain records as detailed above.
- Organizational skills.
- Able to work the hours required, which may be unsociable.
- Flexible in availability for work as shift patterns vary and include weekends and bank holidays. You may also be required to work overtime.
- Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 21 days, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 years continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one years’ salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Other benefits include:
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.
Job Segment: Delivery, Driver, Retail