Fitness Manager - London
Fitness Manager - Ballymore - Vauxhall, London
Reports to: General Manager (GM)
- To oversee the day to day running of the Health Club, including line managing the Fitness Coaches and being first point of contact for Leisure within your facility.
- To support the Leisure Portfolio Manager (LPM) and General Manager (GM) to deliver exceptional customer service and help to promote a service orientated culture amongst the staff and contracted service providers linked to continuous improvement.
- To greet and interact with residents/guests, carry out duties, as specified, ensure the environment and the equipment is clean and tidy at all times and to make the residents/guests’ experience a fantastic one on every visit.
- Contribute to resident retention by utilizing the highest quality of customer service. To be the driving force and key contributor to development by promotion of the Leisure services and tracking progress through statistical reports and analysis.
- To ensure the development is maintained to the standard commensurate with Ballymore’s portfolio status and value
- Provide leadership to the Fitness Team and inspire residents/guests as a ‘Fitness’ role model.
- To know, understand and demonstrate the principles highlighted within the BPL Group Mission Statement.
- To possess a higher level of flexibility to assist and cover uncovered shifts at short notice for emergency cover of the Fitness Coaches sickness and/or holiday.
- To help create a ‘can do, will do, with pleasure’ culture within all aspects of the Fitness Team.
- To teach classes when required
- To train clients when required
- Make sure all notice boards are maintained with up to date information and are aesthetically pleasing with Ballymore branding.
- To clean and maintain the fitness equipment ensuring checklists are completed daily by the Fitness Team and yourself.
- Maintain a personal clean, neat, healthy and professional appearance. Correct and complete uniform must be worn at all times. This should also be instilled in the Fitness team.
- Assist where necessary with any other tasks or duties when assigned by the LPM/GM.
- Be able to recognize opportunities and refer, promote/sell PT, wellness, exercise classes, master classes or any other service offered by the Leisure facility.
- Abide by all the Estates/BPL/Company policies and procedures.
- The post-holder may be required to perform other duties to those listed above, for example, assisting with special events or functions.
- To be directly responsible for the supervision and day to day management of the Fitness Coaches, ensuring the duties of such staff are carried out in accordance with their job descriptions.
- Assist the LPM/GM with the hiring, training and development of the Fitness Team.
- Devise and manage the rotas for the Fitness Team, ensuring that adequate cover is provided in line with the buildings policy.
- Liaise with the LPM, GM and HR with regards to any training needs or performance issues/concerns.
- Conduct staff appraisals, weekly 1 to 1s and probationary meetings identifying any areas of development.
- Ensure all staff uniform, name badges and PPE (when appropriate) are worn and standards of appearance are maintained at all times. Address any issues or concerns regarding appearance with the individuals concerned.
- Ensure all functions within the Health Club are operating efficiently and effectively with frequent checks recorded and filed. To establish good relationships with service contractors to ensure speedy resolve.
- Make recommendations with regard to best practice in respect to site operations to the LPM/GM.
- Monitor music levels within the Club.
- Check and review the daily communications log on a consistent basis and communicate with the LPM /GM on an ‘as needed’ basis.
- To take responsibility for all weekly documentation including weekly pool tests, weekly cleaning and Health and Safety reports.
- To be first point of contact for residents/guests queries and complaints and to answer proficiently and professionally or refer appropriately to the relevant agent. Ensuring the LPM and GM are informed of complaints and progress.
- Motivate and inspire the Fitness Team to deliver a supportive and sympathetic front of house service to residents. Encourage the team to build a good rapport with the residents.
- Know all the services offered by the leisure facility/Estate and serve as a customer service liaison between residents/guests and Senior Management.
- Anticipate residents/guests’ needs and be proactive in offering information and guidance where necessary.
- With the Fitness Team, design and create a monthly newsletter for residents.
- Servicing all residents and guests and ensuring a safe, clean and enjoyable experience within the Leisure facility.
- Attend resident leisure committee meetings and action items in a timely manner, with progressive feedback given to members.
- Responsible for compiling monthly statistical reports containing income, occupancy figures, class counts, team information and resident feedback to the LPM.
- Responsible for providing end of month reports to the Leisure Portfolio Manager
- Responsible for banking and accounts of money collected in line with the Estate’s banking procedures
- Key Player in budgetary control and income
- Key player in creating secondary spends
Skills and ability
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with clients.
- Passionate, lively, approachable and charismatic.
- Pro-active self-starter.
- Good team player.
- Ability to offer constructive advice to others.
- Good working knowledge of health & safety.
- Face to face customer services experience.
- Delivering fitness training classes.
- Experience in preparing personal work schedules.
- Recognised fitness qualification Personal Trainer Level 3 or above.