Back of House Manager - New Opening - London
Back of House Manager - NEW OPENING - The Hoxton, Southwark
We are looking for an experienced Back of House Manager to be part of our team for the brand new The Hoxton, Southwark, set to open this summer.
The Hoxton, Southwark will be our latest addition to The Hoxton family, and our third in London, only a skip & a hop away from the South Bank. There’ll be something for everyone: 192 rooms, a bustling ground-floor restaurant, bar and terrace, The Apartment (our unique meeting & events space), a stunning roof-top restaurant and bar with indoor and outdoor seating PLUS our brand-new coworking space spread over six floors. It’s going to be quite something!
Come and be part of an opening we’re super excited about!
What you’ll do…
- Lead a large, dynamic kitchen porter and night cleaning team in one of the most exciting hotel openings of 2019
- Implement and maintain the highest standards of cleanliness across the back of house areas of the Hotel and oversee the HACCP and health and safety programme
- Have a firm grip on the costs of chemicals, consumables and your payroll, always striving to find efficient solutions whilst maintaining the quality and integrity of the brand
- You’ll lead your team by example, keeping them involved and motivated; helping them feel empowered and supported, confident in providing top Hox experiences for our people and comfortable turning to you with questions
What we are looking for…
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar back of house management role in a busy, bustling hospitality environment, managing a large team
- A clear communicator with an eye for detail and meticulosity organised
- Experience using back of house ordering and monitoring systems
- Health and safety and fire safety proficient
- You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- Passion for hospitality – you’re all about creating memorable experiences for others, be they guests or colleagues
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door and help get shit done
- You’re up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
What’s in it for you…
- A competitive package
- Brand new state of the art equipment
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays), pension and life insurance
- A health cash plan, through which you can easily claim money back on things like dental, physiotherapy and contact lenses
- Take care of your physical & mental wellbeing through a support help line, gym discounts, virtual GP surgeries and more
- Treat yourself once in a while with lots of retail & hospitality perks through our partners
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you during your shift
- Excellent discounts across the Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skillset and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Access to our Coworking space on evenings & weekends to work on your side-hustle
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
Head Kitchen Porter & Handyman - LondonEasy Apply!