Staff Chef - Nationwide
Staff Chef - Ionian Islands, Greece
Unlike most hotels or beach resorts, our staff are the life and soul of the club. A group of friendly, professional and extremely hard working people, Peligoni staff make our guests’ holiday a memorable experience. We are looking for two creative Chefs to look after our staff canteen and provide delicious and exciting meals for our diverse team.
FEEDING OUR TEAM
Everyone has a different idea of what good food is and as a result we a looking for a small team to offer varied daily meals to cater for all of our staff across breakfast, lunch and dinner. The club has over 130 seasonal staff who have different tastes and requirements. Whether its a high protein diet for our fitness fanatics, a light but tasty dish for those sculpting their bikini bodies or flavoursome favourites for those craving a bit of home comfort; the food our team eat is a huge part of job satisfaction, which is why we are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are ready to quickly become the most popular people in resort!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Working closely with our kitchen team with a variety of fresh ingredients our Staff Chefs have a challenging yet rewarding role for individuals who have a passion for good food, love to share their interest with others and thrive on the buzz of a busy professional kitchen.
- Provide healthy and balanced meals in the staff canteen
- Work with the Head Chef and Sous Chef to maintain profit margins and minimise waste
- Effectively communicate ordering requirements with the Head Chef and Sous Chef
- Ensure staff dietary requirements are understood and catered for with quality dishes
- Take responsibility for the staff canteen ensuring it is stocked and clean at all times
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to specific standards
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene standards on a daily basis
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to ensure a positive working environment and sense of team spirit to create the best guest experience at all times
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting new dishes
- Ability to work within a budget
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, pro-active and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef qualification or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a chef in a full-service restaurant
- Available for either the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa
ARE YOU OUR NEXT STAFF CHEF?
If you think you are the perfect person to join our team of chefs then we want to hear from you. Just click on the link below to apply.
Apply for Staff Chef - Nationwide
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly