Activity Coordinator - Nationwide
Activity Coordinator - Nationwide
The Peligoni Club is a barefoot-style boutique beach club in Greece, designed for pure relaxation. It’s a members-only retreat for a fun-loving bohemian crowd who want delicious food, creative cocktails, friendly staff and sumptuous settings, but without all the fuss that usually comes with high-end hotels.
Peligoni is a sun-drenched home away from home, where our guests kick back, let their hair down and watch the world float by. Unlike most hotels or beach resorts, our staff are the life and soul of the club. A group of friendly, professional and extremely hard working people, Peligoni staff make our guests’ holiday a memorable experience.
The Peligoni Club is a holiday destination for all ages and we offer a daily programme of activities that encourage guests to get to know each other in a relaxed environment. All of our activities are opt-in meaning guests can pick and choose what they want to get involved in.
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic Activity Coordinator to arrange, promote and lead a varied agenda of fun that will appeal to our guests.
Typical daytime activities on our weekly agenda include water polo at the pool, table tenni tournaments, five a side football, quick cricket and a SUP safari. We also host a twice-weekly boat trip to the island’s famous shipwreck and an evening walk through the nearby countryside which ends with stunning views of the sunset beside an old abandoned Monastery.
From Open Mic night to our ‘alternative’ quiz night, there is always something happening in the evenings too. The most popular evenings are our twice-weekly party nights, one of which is always fancy dress themed, where both guests and staff are encouraged to let their hair down and dance the night away.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has fantastic interpersonal skills, masses of energy and enjoys getting stuck in. Our activity coordinator also needs to be highly organised and able to adapt the agenda, often at the last minute, in the event of bad weather.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Plan a variety of activities and excursions each week, suitable for different age groups
- Take responsibility for the promotion of activities and excursions
- Lead activities and excursions – through active participation yourself
- Coordinate with third party suppliers to ensure everything is in order for the necessary excursions
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out for all activities and all necessary safety measures are in place
- Coordinate with the senior management team to ensure all activities and excursions are adequately staffed
- Coordinate with the reception team to ensure the weekly activities agenda is well communicated to all guests
- Actively participate in evening activities and encourage guests, where appropriate, to get involved
- Deliver a high level of service at all times
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Creative, energetic, fun and outgoing
- Confident and assertive
- Safety conscious
- Outstanding work ethic
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well on your own, as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Present a ‘can do’ attitude
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A full UK/EU Driving License
- Minimum age 23 (in order to be able to drive a company vehicle)
- Valid first aid certificate
- Sports or Activity Leader qualification is desirable
- Practical experience of Kayaking and Stand-Up Paddleboarding is desirable
- Lifeguard qualification is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa
- Competitive salary
- Return travel from the UK
- Live out accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on a daily basis
- Access to all non-motorised watersports facilities available at the club, including tuition
- Discounts on food, beverage and motorised watersports at the club
ARE YOU OUR NEXT ACTIVITY COORDINATOR?
If you think you are the perfect person to lead our activity programme then we want to hear from you. Just click on the link below to apply.