Finishing Chef - Gloucester
Finishing Chef - Fixed Term - Gloucester Services
What we are looking for
Do you share our passion for good food and service and want to be part of a great team?
Do you want the opportunity to work with fresh local ingredients and relish the responsibility for the food offer to our customers?
Are you calm and organised in the kitchen with the ability to follow recipes and Company procedures to consistently high standards?
Do you have an understanding of all areas of food hygiene and safety and systems to deliver the best quality dishes?
Do you embrace opportunities to develop and share your knowledge and skills with your colleagues?
Do you have experience as either a chef or cook in a catering or kitchen environment, with a love for food, how it is sourced, how it looks and how it tastes. We recruit people who share our values.
We are looking for a Finishing Chef to join our catering department to use traditional and homemade methods to produce the best tasting food for our customers.
The role will include preparing hot meals for our café and putting the finishing touches to the seasonal dishes created by our team of chefs in our central production unit.
This is a full time position of 36.25 hours per week in 5 shifts over 7 days Fixed Term until 30th September 2019. It is a great opportunity to work in a kitchen with no split shifts and on a set rota. (Earliest start time is 6am and latest finish is 10pm)
Sound like you? Then send us an application and we’d love to discuss it with you further.
What we can offer you
In return we will offer you fantastic benefits across our six Westmorland Family businesses including;
- Pay £9.50 per hour
- Free hot meal or meal allowance while on shift, as well as free tea and coffee
- Between 25% and 75% discount on most items in our cafes and shops
- Bus service from Gloucester City Centre to Gloucester Services which is subsidised by us for our colleagues
- Free car parking
- 28 days holiday increasing with length of service to 33 days (pro rata'd for part time employees)
- Contributory pension scheme after completion of your probationary period
- Lots of opportunity to grow your career with us