Business Analyst - Nottingham
Business Analyst - New Castle House - Nottingham
40 hours per week | £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
You will need a broad understanding of IT Systems, Infrastructure, Databases and Software to make sure you can both scope and facilitate projects, you also need to be able to discuss these with IT specialists and other stakeholders who have little knowledge of IT so the ability to communicate clearly and effectively is critical.
Our BA role requires you to be self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups, possess strong numeric/ analytical skills and have great attention to detail. In a nationwide business such as ours, projects requirement can change quickly so being able to work at pace and being a flexible team player are a necessity.
You will be meeting with various stakeholders regularly, so you will be able to build strong relationships with business and technical stakeholders from junior to exec level.
You must be highly logical, with the ability to cut through excessive detail and produce work to move the project forward quickly and effectively. Familiar with business analysis techniques and tools including UML, Business Process Modelling and with prioritisation techniques including MoSCoW.
You will have a minimum of two years Business Analyst experience, ideally within Retail, Gaming and/or Digital environments.
Familiarity with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies is a key advantage.
You must have strong Microsoft Office skills (including Visio or similar) and be familiar with tools used to manage Agile delivery such as TFS
You should have Appropriate Professional Qualifications (e.g. BCS)
About your role
The Business Analyst is responsible for gathering requirements across our projects, using a variety of tools and techniques. You’ll need to work closely with our colleagues in IT and the rest of the Business, as well as 3rd parties, to ensure requirements are complete, accurate and unambiguous. You’ll also be supporting our Test and UAT teams through the defect triage process, and providing guidance and support as projects transition to live.
Where does your role fit in?
You’ll be part of the Business Analyst team within the Transformation Delivery team – there’s a small delivery team of Analysts and Project Managers who work closely with our colleagues across the business to deliver key business change and technology projects.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Gather business requirements (functional and non-functional) through workshops, interviews and software shows.
- Apply your amazing analytical skills to business requests (which are often high-level or lacking in detail); prioritise and document these in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- Conduct detailed analysis to ensure that requirements are consistent and complete using appropriate tools (Use Cases, Screen Designs, Process Flows, Gap Analyses, State Diagrams, Class Diagrams, User Stories etc).
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure that business stakeholders are fully engaged in specifying project requirements.
- Work with our development and testing teams to define acceptance criteria.
- Facilitate the interactions between the business and development team through daily standup meetings as well as detailed documentation
- Work with the team to identify changes in scope and manage these through prioritisation, backlog and change control processes.
- Facilitate scoping and estimating sessions at both Project Initiation level and through planning and re-planning sessions within the project.
- Review completed requirements and facilitating document sign off with the business.
- Support testing and UAT phases by providing key input to processes such as defect review and triage.
You’ll aim to achieve:
- Successful delivery of business requirements to support the project in delivering to cost, time, quality and agreed scope
A little bit about us…
Joining us means joining our family. We know lots of companies say that, but we really believe it’s true. Our teams in Club Support Centre and our clubs across the country are smart, energised, and passionate about what they do. We know each person here can make a big difference, so we’ll support your professional goals, give you what you need to thrive, and help you accomplish the right results – whatever your role. We’re dedicated to building Bingo’s Buzziest Community every single day and making our players feel as much a part of our family as we do.