Cricket Coach - Birmingham
Cricket Coach | Fox Hollies Leisure Centre
Location: Fox Hollies, Acocks Green, Birmingham, B27 7NS
Hours: 2 hours per week, Saturday 10am – 12pm with the opportunity to increase hours in the future.
Salary: £12 per hour
An excellent opportunity is available to join this established and fun team on our Birmingham Leisure contract. We are recruiting for a Self-employed Cricket Coach to work at Fox Hollies Leisure Centre.
The Fox Hollies site boasts a 25mtr pool, 120 station gym, free weights area plus workout studios, badminton, squash and football facilities.
Birmingham Community Leisure Trust is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive, can-do attitude are key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
We share your passion for leisure and we will offer a safe, fun and professional working environment with excellent development opportunities. You will also receive free gym membership for you and a family member across 8 of our fantastic leisure centres!
To deliver a programme of Cricket lessons for various levels of ability and which meets the standards of the ECB programme.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To plan, prepare and deliver coaching sessions as specified by the line manager and associated delivery partners.
- To develop coaching sessions that meets Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as set by the Trust.
- To maintain accurate administration records for all sessions in line with the facilities processes and procedures.
- To assist in the organisation and promotion of sport and recreational activities and distribute relevant publicity material.
- To undertake further training as required.
- To comply with and promote equality, health, safety and employee development in compliance with policies and legal requirements.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post.
Essential / Desirable Skills for the role
- Hold a minimum level 1 NGB coaching qualification (or equivalent) – Essential
- First aid – Desirable
- Child Protection Desirable
- Good communication and customer care skills, attention to detail and health and safety awareness
- Ability to use initiative Literate with ability to complete necessary records
- Experience of working in a busy leisure environment
- Experience in dealing with high volumes of customers, adults and children
If you have the essential skills, experience and qualifications to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV in a word or PDF format.
Serco/Serco Leisure Operating Limited are appointed as the Trust’s Managing Agents. We manage the recruitment process and the Trust’s employees in the delivery of the service on their behalf. On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. The Trust is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Recruitment Team as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward. Applicants should be aware that in line with the company’s policy, employees will have a DBS check where appropriate.