Grounds Assistant - Nottingham
Grounds Assistant - National Water Sports Centre
Salary: £17,232 - £18,252
National Water Sports Centre are looking for a Grounds Assistant to join their team.
Reporting to the Grounds Manager, the successful Grounds Assistant will be carrying out a variety of duties; some of these will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- To help deliver on a set programme works as part of the maintenance regime to deliver a World Class sporting venue.
- To understand Contract requirements, the specification of all works, the facilities within the location and the varying ground conditions within the facility.
- To identify and understand key performance indicators and ensure that these are met.
- To regularly report to line manager progress on works and any matters which arise affecting delivery.
- To work as part of the team, putting forward suggestions and ideas for improvements in service provision.
- Responsible for the daily inspection and reporting procedure for machinery, prior and on completion of usage, including vehicles.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of machinery and vehicles.
- To ensure that all Health and Safety requirements are met.
- To undergo specific training to improve skill levels and knowledge of Contract requirements as and when defined training is identified as being required or available.
- Under the direction of the Head Groundsman, preparing and maintaining the grounds facilities, to recognised national standards and to the satisfaction of all users.
- Providing grounds staff support to weekends when required
- Implementing weekly, monthly and annual agreed maintenance programmes for all facilities.
- Working with various different types of machinery and equipment to prepare and maintain the site.
- Undertaking general maintenance of equipment as directed
- Assisting with the maintenance of trees, hedges and paths, including leaf collection and spraying
- Attending meetings and events, as directed
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as directed by the Head Groundsman
- To maintain excellent customer and client relations, particularly members of the public.
It is essential that any applicants have good planning ability and customer care skills as well as a sense of urgency and can be calm under pressure.
Although not essential, having a grounds or horticultural qualification would be advantageous. It would also be advantageous to have experience working in a grounds position too.
This is a position that is looking to get filled quickly; so if you have grounds experience and are looking for a new challenge in a dynamic environment, please apply at the nearest convenience.
Serco/Serco Leisure Operating Limited are appointed as the Trust’s Managing Agents. We manage the recruitment process and the Trust’s employees in the delivery of the service on their behalf. On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. The Trust is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Recruitment Team as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward. Applicants should be aware that in line with the company’s policy, employees will have a DBS check where appropriate.