HGV Driver / Loader - Stowmarket
HGV Driver / Loader - Waste & Environmental - Stowmarket
Full Time, Permanent contract
£11.35 an hour and OT is paid at 1 ½
Would you like to join this friendly and hardworking team of 75 refuse & recycling staff delivering waste services across this established Mid Suffolk and Babergh district council contract?
This really is an opportunity to use your HGV experience to really make a difference to the community.
What will you be doing?
Ensuring the safe and effective transport of the refuse vehicles across the Mid Suffolk and Babergh area
- Transporting refuse ready for disposal and recycling
- Completing critical vehicle maintenance checks
- Safely transporting the teams with one of 12 collection vehicles
- Liaising with and assisting other hardworking team members
- Maintaining excellent customer service at all times
- Assist team members with the safe removal/loading of waste/recycling bins
- Be able to receive on-going training and development
This is a great and friendly team who have worked together for some time, no high staff turn over here!
What is essential?
- Cat C HGV Licence
- CPC Licence
- Willingness to complete both Driver and Loader duties
What are the hours?
- 40 hours p/week
- Monday to Friday
- 6.30am – 3pm (job and finish)
We are a successful organisation proudly supplying critical public services across the globe with over 50,000 staff. If you would like join a company striving to be the best at what we do, please apply with your CV.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.