Receptionist - Birmingham
Receptionist | Ladywood Leisure Centre
Salary: £8.21 per hour
Would you like to join our fantastic team at this brand-new Leisure centre in Ladywood?
An exciting opportunity has arisen as we’re currently recruiting for a number of Casual Receptionists to work as and when required between Monday to Sunday.
Birmingham City Council and Sport England are investing £8.5 million in the development which will feature a state-of-the-art gym with approximately 135 stations offering the latest in fitness equipment, a 25-metre swimming pool with timing equipment for competition events and spectator seating for 250 people, a teaching pool, a dance studio, relaxation, sauna and steam areas and a café. The project is part of a citywide investment of nearly £40million to give Birmingham residents leisure and exercise facilities fit for the twenty first century.
The leisure centre, on newly regenerated land adjacent to Ladywood Middleway will bring exciting new sports, fitness and swimming opportunities to the communities of Ladywood and nearby Edgbaston, as well as to new residential developments in the city centre and the Jewellery Quarter.
Unique in being located on a new site, Ladywood Leisure Centre is the fourth new centre to be built and managed in Birmingham by Birmingham Community Leisure Trust (BCLT), working in partnership with Birmingham City Council (BCC).
We share your passion for leisure and we will offer a safe, fun and professional working environment with excellent development opportunities. You will also receive free gym membership for you and a family member across 8 of our fantastic leisure centres!
The Receptionist role is to provide concise customer information and service with regards to the facility and it’s offerings. The role will involve a high level of customer interaction. This may be face to face or over the telephone.
In addition, there will be times when they will be required to assist other members of staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operation of cash register, including the collection of cash and issuing receipts, in doing so following laid down Financial Procedures.
- Balancing and banking of daily income.
- Dealing with general enquiries, and bookings either by telephone or in person.
- Promoting good customer relations.
- Selling the products and services that the centre offers, both at your place of work and also at its other sites.
- Assisting in marketing the facility by ensuring that any promotional leaflets and brochures etc are effectively display, and to assist in their production, as required.
- The job holder must wear the designated uniform provided when on duty and follow appropriate code of appearance.
Essential / Desirable Skills for the role:
- Experience of working in a similar role/environment would be desirable
- NVQ Level 2 Qualification desirable
- Good customer care skills.
- A good communicator
- Experience in the use of IT systems
If you have the essential skills, experience and qualifications to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV in a word or PDF format.
Serco/Serco Leisure Operating Limited are appointed as the Trust’s Managing Agents. We manage the recruitment process and the Trust’s employees in the delivery of the service on their behalf. On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. The Trust is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Recruitment Team as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward. Applicants should be aware that in line with the company’s policy, employees will have a DBS check where appropriate