Head Swim Teacher - London
Are you passionate about teaching swimming, and instilling a lifesaving skill in others?
We are recruiting for a Head Swim Teacher, which could just be the perfect job for you.
Our Head Swim Teachers lead the charge to ensure all individuals in the communities in which we operate learn to swim. Learning to swim is not only fun and good exercise, but it could also save a life.
As Head Swim Teacher you will ensure the smooth daily running of the swim school, maximising participation and revenue, mentor and develop a team of Swim Instructors and assist in the sales, promotion and outreach in relation to the swim school.
We are passionate about delivering the best customer service and getting your community active. Every Fusion team member plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast paced environment.
Some of the tasks and responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Manage, develop and monitor the implementation and administration for both the School Swimming and “Learn to Swim” programmes in order to meet the requirements of the National Curriculum and ASA National Plan for Teaching, including preparing lesson plans and a comprehensive scheme of work
- Assist in the effective operations of the activity of the swim school programme by teaching (50% of contracted hours), as agreed with General Manager
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling and escalating complaints where appropriate
- Co-ordinate the efficient and effective deployment of the team, to meet the customer, financial and operational demands of the centre
- Co-ordinate and implement staff training and induction sessions
- Provide appropriate, relevant courses throughout the year in line with the needs of the organisation
- Support primary and secondary schools teachers by coordinating and developing relevant, in-service training
- Assist in programming and promotions by innovating ideas and initiating actions to meet the demands of the facilities customers, organisational plans and retention programmes
- Assist in the communication, sales, marketing and promotion of the swim school programme and associated outreach and development work
- Prepare reports on the centre’s operations, events and incidents when necessary
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with Fusion’s Safeguarding policy
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times
To be successful as a Fusion Head Swim Teacher, you will have:
- ASA Full Teachers Certification Level 2
- Experience of supervising a team including training, development, appraisals, performance management and mentoring staff
- Experience of teaching a diverse customer base
- Understanding of relevant health and safety and employment legislation
- Excellent verbal communication skills, particularly in relation to building trust and rapport with children and their parents
- Good Microsoft Office Skills, alongside strong numerical and written skills
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the swimming lesson programme
- Empathic and caring nature, with the ability to guide appropriate and safe standards of behaviour
- Honest, constructive team-player, with a “can-do”, positive attitude
Our Head Swim Teachers work very hard to ensure their programming is the best in industry; and we offer a generous benefits package in return.
Some of the benefits you may enjoy as a Fusion team member include:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Discount on Bickels Yard Café F&B products
- Eye test (DSE users)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Industry Leading Training
If you are looking further your career in leisure, within a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
*In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.