Pastry Chef - Gloucestershire
Our Daylesford family is growing, and we are looking for an engaging and passionate Pastry Chef to join our Pastry Production team at Daylesford.
With amazing career progression, we will train and develop you every step of the way to be the best that you can be with the opportunity to build your career with us.
Full Time contract, based on 40 hours per week, £9.50 - £10.50 per hour depending on experience.
Shifts are generally 6 am to 2pm, Monday – Friday, plus Sunday once per month. **
- Competitive salary
- Training and development to advance your career
- Up to 28 days holiday (incl. bank holiday)
- 50% staff lunch discount
- 30% company discount
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
- Free uniform
As a Pastry Chef at Daylesford you will be working towards producing the highest-quality of Patisserie goods in our production unit. Our production team provides products for all our stores and wholesale business. You’ll be using only organic ingredients, many locally sourced. Our range includes, brownies, cakes, biscuits and lots of seasonal specials like mince pies and hot cross bun fudge!
The ideal candidate will be a strong team-player with a passion for great pastry work and great quality organic produce. You will be working within a fast-paced, varied and extremely rewarding environment. Pastry experience is essential, ideally from artisanal production environment. Uniform and Safety Shoes are provided
- Executing/baking a wide range of pastries, cakes, biscuits, scones, tarts, puddings and other confectionary to the highest possible standards
- Continually striving towards the improvement in quality of Patisserie products
- Working safely and efficiently to ensure that all daily orders are completed at a fulfilment rate of 98% or above
- Maintain a safe workplace for both staff and customers, ensuring we are fully compliant with H&S regulations
- Comply with the production unit’s internal audit requirements
- Adhere to the standards set out by the Soil Association and SALSA Auditors
Over forty years ago, we began to turn our family’s farmland over to sustainable, organic farming, first in Staffordshire and then in the Cotswolds, and we continue to be dedicated to growing, producing and cooking seasonal, organic food. Daylesford is one of the most sustainable organic farms and own some of the most sustainable restaurants in the whole country.
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV today
Please note: As part of our recruitment process, we will use and store your personal data securely for up to 6 months from the date of application. If you would like to update or remove your CV or other personal details from our records, please go to our careers page for contact details